Author Topic: Issues with the .csv file for thermal expert Q1  (Read 1606 times)

Offline morningglory747Topic starter

• Contributor
Issues with the .csv file for thermal expert Q1
« on: May 03, 2018, 04:09:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

There is little documentation on how to use TE Q1 for image processing so I must ask my question here even though I'm not sure about wether or not this is the appropriate forum.

So I acquired a TE Q1 camera yesterday and what i'm interested in doing is to plot some graphs of the temperature an object in time (so like a picture every 10 minutes for 2 hours then I plot the data).

From what I can understand, the .csv files open in excel sheet and each 'excel square' has the temperature of one pixel, which is great cause that's exactly what I want, a document which contains the temperature of every pixel. However, this only happens with their own images. More precisely, when you download their TE analysis program, they offer you some examples of the pictures they've taken as well as their associated .csv files that you can play around with.

When I take a picture (and I save the picture under the thermal, temperature and temprature option) the .csv that I receive just shows infinity for every pixel. At the same time, I also cant open my picture with their analysis program because they say something like the .csv file doesn't exist. However, I'm going to to try that out with Joe's thermal analysis program to see if I have more luck there.

Has anybody in here ever had this problem and what was your solution for it?

Thank you so much! 

Offline morningglory747Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: Issues with the .csv file for thermal expert Q1
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 05:31:00 pm »
Ok I ''figured it out''. So to not have infinity and instead actual temperatures in your .csv files, you need to set the emissivity to whatever value other than zero (/facepalm).

To load the picture in the thermal expert analysis program, you need to have these three files in the same folder: the IR picture, the VIS picture and the .csv document. On the Samsung Galaxy s5 that I'm using, I can’t import these three formats at the same time. More precisely, when I plug in the phone on my computer, I'm asked about what kind of files I want to transfer to the computer. I had the choose the option ''transfer images'' to get the IR and VIS picture files and then I had to choose ''transfer media files'' to get the .csv file to the computer and voilà!

Perhaps the way to transfer files from phone to computer varies considerably from the type of phone you're using so this advice may not be useful for everyone who happens to be in a similar predicament, but hopefully it will be pertinent to some of you!

Good day

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf