Author Topic: Just got an E30bx. Have the usual questions.  (Read 9616 times)

Offline Paw85

• Regular Contributor
Re: Just got an E30bx. Have the usual questions.
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 08:22:16 pm »
Can you please confirm how you enabled Range 2 as I heard that it was possible via the service menu, but I have never done that upgrade as my camera was a E40.

Certainly :)

Put the imager into RNDIS mode and connect USB to the computer. Connect to (usually) http://192.168.0.2 using the internet browser.
Go into [Service Menu], login with flir/3vlig
Go to [Calibration] -> [System Recalibration] -> [Enable/Disable Cases]

Mark the range you wish to enable, 0C-650C and click Submit (Action already at Enable by default),
It appears that if the range was calibrated, it should now says (RBF OK) after the range instead of (Disabled)
If the range was not calibrated, it should say (No RBF).

Then just disconnect USB, shut down the camera, remove battery and reinsert it, and start camera.
You should now have -20C-120C and 0C-650C range.

Hope it helps!

The following users thanked this post: cvanc

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 09:02:18 pm »
Excellent, thank you. This information will likely be very useful to other camera owners with only range 1 active  :-+

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline cvancTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 11:18:11 pm »
Hi there-

I've only connected to my E30bx using FileZilla so your comments have me a bit confused.  Are you saying that using a web browser to connect will actually display some camera menus in the web browser?  Thanks...

Can you please confirm how you enabled Range 2 as I heard that it was possible via the service menu, but I have never done that upgrade as my camera was a E40.

Certainly :)

Put the imager into RNDIS mode and connect USB to the computer. Connect to (usually) http://192.168.0.2 using the internet browser.
Go into [Service Menu], login with flir/3vlig
Go to [Calibration] -> [System Recalibration] -> [Enable/Disable Cases]

Mark the range you wish to enable, 0C-650C and click Submit (Action already at Enable by default),
It appears that if the range was calibrated, it should now says (RBF OK) after the range instead of (Disabled)
If the range was not calibrated, it should say (No RBF).

Then just disconnect USB, shut down the camera, remove battery and reinsert it, and start camera.
You should now have -20C-120C and 0C-650C range.

Hope it helps!

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 12:12:46 am »
Yes. The camera contains its own web service that is accessed using a standard internet we browser by entering the IP address into the URL line. You must be in RNDIS mode to do this, just as when using Filezilla.

A FLIR web page will appear in your browser that is coming from your camera and not the internet.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline cvancTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 02:57:29 am »
...A FLIR web page will appear in your browser that is coming from your camera and not the internet.

Huh, would you look at that!  There's all kinds of stuff in there.  Thanks guys.

I'll look around for a bit (I'm not in 'service mode' so hopefully this is safe), but one question for now:  Is there a way on these menus to see if my camera has the WiFi and Bluetooth modules installed?  I took a quick perusal and did not see that info.

(update a few minutes later):  ...And just that easy I now have the 650 degree range too!  Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:13:12 am by cvanc »

Offline Paw85

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 09:06:26 am »
I'll look around for a bit (I'm not in 'service mode' so hopefully this is safe), but one question for now:  Is there a way on these menus to see if my camera has the WiFi and Bluetooth modules installed?  I took a quick perusal and did not see that info.
(update a few minutes later):  ...And just that easy I now have the 650 degree range too!  Thanks so much!

Glad to hear the instructions worked for you too. However, not certain if you can check there if you got WiFi/BT hardware module inisde, it may say a module and version number of those are loaded, but that may just be related to software and not actual hardware installed I think?

Offline bonzoxxx

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 06:15:02 pm »
Hi guys, this is my first post, i'm Alex from Italy.

This morning, also thanks to this awesome forum, i bought my first thermocam, a flir e30bx mk1 with the hope to start a new activity like thermophotographer. I could also buy a almost brand new e6 for more euros but it was out of my budget.

I'll start studying hard :)

And, of course, I hope to unlock my e30bx  8)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:19:55 pm by bonzoxxx »

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 07:37:36 pm »
It is definitely worth taking the time to read the topics yourself to actually understand what you're doing. That way you don't make any mistakes that could potentially brick your camera without realizing what you're doing. I managed to upgrade the thermal resolution on my E40 MK1 within a few hours of starting to read about the subject, then made some further fine tuning changes after reading more. Have fun!

The following users thanked this post: cuda12, bonzoxxx

Offline bonzoxxx

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2019, 03:31:44 pm »
For sure I'll read al lot before unlocking it, it's too expensive.

Ok I'm messing with my cam, the version is the one with devided D-Pad, covered cam, model E30bx 0.10, software 1.24.16, code 49001-1701 but, strangely, with the CAM covered, my cam is a bit different from the cvanc's one posted at the beginning of the thread.

Could anyone pin me a thread where I can start reading IF my cam can be unlocked and, eventually, how? Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 06:00:13 pm by bonzoxxx »

Offline bonzoxxx

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2019, 07:23:32 pm »
Ok first step done: understanding that my e30bx is the MK1 version, the older one.

next, I need to upgrade it to 2.23.14 firmware

EDIT: apparently I found a copy of 2.23.14 firmware: https://doc.xdevs.com/docs/Flir/Exx/fw/

Upgrading, fingers crossed :)

23:11 update: no way to connect using windows 10, I was forced do virtualize a windows 7 pc, now filezilla works perfectly.

23:41 update: i'm following this guide

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg561266/#msg561266

I tried to modify a couple of files seems pretty straight but probably I'll continue tomorrow morning.

00:48 update: unlocked :)

01:49 update: I had to roll back changes because, even if my cam was unlocked, I lost the crossair and it was affected by strange behavior. Copying the entire FlashFS folder back solved any issue, I'll modify it asap.

Are there any guide opening and drilling holes for camera and flashlight? Or should I go my own?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:05:18 pm by bonzoxxx »

The following users thanked this post: cuda12

Offline bonzoxxx

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2019, 10:29:15 pm »
Ok guys, there are some problems with files I found reading the various threads looking for a way to unlock my cam.

I used few files and also I managed to modify some data manually but, restarting the cam, the crossair disappears and there is no way to add a new one, cam and flashlight seem to work, apparently no wifi and bluetooth  on board, what would be a nice to have but it's ok.

I just want to pimp my resolution and activate the cam, all the other features aren't mandatory for me right now.

Offline kradsith

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2019, 07:18:58 pm »
Got my hands on a E30BX last week.

Ran through all the info.

Ended up using the link info here to get rolling...

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg561266/#msg561266

and E30_Hack.zip ... this doubled the resolution and added menu options as well as activated the bluetooth and WIFI.

I couldn't find a good link the Frasers files for the procedure... is a difference? and more that is activated with Frasers files?

Also wondering about extra palettes and are there any new one that can be added. currently I can see Artic, Gray,Iron, Lava, Rainbow, Rainbow HC... would like to see if added WhiteHot, BlackHot possible.

Last bit I have is just on the upgrade itself... only things I did was make sure to have a windows 7 (32bit) machine setup for the drivers. Also make sure you use something like Notepad++ to see those extra CR's and the end of the files. Plain ol' windows notepad caught me on the first try!

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2019, 09:25:20 pm »
the FLIR "Gray" palette is whitehot.

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2019, 07:45:51 pm »
Yes,  check your palette list and see if there is an "invert" option at the bottom.  Inverted "gray" will give you black hot. If it's not there you need to enable it in the cfg.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf