Author Topic: Looking for ICD for PathFindIR  (Read 2372 times)

Offline railrunTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Looking for ICD for PathFindIR
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:04:54 pm »
Hi, I'm looking for the ICD (Interface Control Document) from FLIR for the PathFindIR, which is the same like the NV1 by BMW.
I would like to use the LIN-Bus to communicate with the camera, but have no commands for this. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
Re: Looking for ICD for PathFindIR
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 06:43:18 pm »
The PathfindIR cameras(newer ones, digital comms) are so heavily controlled and locked down in both hardware and firmware that they're basically a paperweight without the rest of the car's guts(matching ECU, matching camera control box, matching phase of the moon).
The documents regarding their interface and protection against outside use are heavily guarded.
Good luck to you, but I doubt you will ever find any documents.

Also, chances are if you've sent some commands to the camera it's already bricked due to the anti-tampering measures(mentioned somewhere in another thread in this subforum).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:45:43 pm by Spirit532 »

Offline railrunTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 05:48:29 am »
The ICD I‘m looking for is from the first generation. With 12 Pins, which didn‘t need a additional ECU. I‘m just interested in the few LIN commands, to check what else I can do with the camera (instead of bricking it  ;D).

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 01:43:36 pm »
Have tried contacting FLIR and asking for what you need? FLIR provide the ICD for their Photon and TAU cores so they may well let you have the PathfindIR ICD.

IIRC, the PathfindIR is an Indigo core. It may be worth looking at the Omega or Photon core ICD as the command sets were sometimes compatible between them. Google should find the indigo/FLIR Photon ICD for you.

http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/CBI/Documents/41200350010Rev100.pdf

Fraser
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:45:38 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline LesioQ

• Regular Contributor
  • Every king should be naked.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 06:44:00 pm »
AFAIK BMW car 12-piners came in two flavors. Initially these were just PathfindIR with composite output (also labeled like that), with no locking to car chassis.
Then they were replaced by dedicated 12-piners, with protection circuitry and still composite output. These were custom labeled for BMW (not PathfindIR).
Then came the digital ones ( 6pin, then 4-pin).

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 12:40:07 am »
Do I picked up the idea and check local eBay listings for car night vision thermal cameras.

Looks like BMW and Audio has models branded Autovile or something. I even found someone offering a control unit for Mercedes Benz night vision branded BOSH... At 150€

If the thermal cameras are this hard to access without the car behind it - I might scrap the idea.

Any progress - any proof of concept?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:55:12 am »
Autoliv is the branding of the system used on BMW and Audi cars. It is a partnership between Autoliv safety systems and FLIR. The later Autoliv cameras are protected against use in another car, even if of the same make and model.

The Mercedes approach is very different. They use powerful IR illuminators and a conventional N.I.R CCD or CMOS camera to detect targets in darkness. Not as effective in poor weather though. Do not buy a Mercedes system expecting a thermal camera, you will be very disappointed. Hence why they are cheaper.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf