Author Topic: Need some help from someone with USB analyzer and Seek Compact Pro  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I've managed to port the main "guts" (those dealing with USB communications) of the source code from SeekOFix (which was written in C#) to VB6 (the programming language I'm most intimately familiar with). The initialization routine in my program is now behaving in my program in the exact same way it does in SeekOFix, including having an error at the exact same spot (trying to grab the first frame, after all initialization has completed). The problem is SeekOFix was written for the original Seek Compact, and not for the newer Seek Compact Pro. As a result, it's highly likely that a lot of the code (both the frame grabbing code, and even the initialization code) is not the same between the Compact and Compact Pro.

Now I know that there's a lot of people out there with USB protocol analyzers (devices for monitoring the digital "conversations" between a USB host and client), including a number of people on this forum (in fact, it was thanks to them that the original Seek Compact was successfully reverse engineered). Now I just need somebody with a USB protocol analyzer to dump the communications between a Seek Compact Pro and its host smartphone, so that I can implement the same communication steps in my program. I've already got all the core programming down for allowing my program to directly communicate with a USB device. Now I just need to know the exact data/commands sent between a Seek Compact Pro and a smartphone.

If anybody out has both a USB analyzer and a Seek Compact Pro, and is willing to do this for me, it would be great. Thanks in advance. I promise to upload my program and share it with the community here, after I've finished writing it.

Offline joe-c

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
Re: Need some help from someone with USB analyzer and Seek Compact Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 09:56:14 pm »
Hi,
sadly i don't have a Seek Pro, but i tried to make a application for a friend.
he tried without success. And we both work on other things... :-/O

I use the working sample for regular seek and change the PID and the Imagesize (some array and loop variables).
but without the right initialization commands the Seek Pro don't deliverer frames.

maybe this is useful for somebody  :popcorn:
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:50:49 pm »
Hi,
sadly i don't have a Seek Pro, but i tried to make a application for a friend.
he tried without success. And we both work on other things... :-/O

I use the working sample for regular seek and change the PID and the Imagesize (some array and loop variables).
but without the right initialization commands the Seek Pro don't deliverer frames.

maybe this is useful for somebody  :popcorn:

Do you have a USB analyzer? If so, and if you are willing to do me a favor, I might send you my Seek Compact Pro in the mail (as long as you promise to return it), for you to analyze. You'd just need to plug the Compact Pro and your smart phone into the USB analyzer, and run the Seek Thermal app up to the point that an image is displayed on the screen. I'd do it myself, except USB analyzers cost a lot of $$$$$$. At that price, I might as well buy a more expensive thermal imager that actually has a Windows SDK released with it (such as Thermal Expert), rather than buying expensive equipment to reverse engineer a thermal imager that does not yet have an SDK released (and when it does, it will probably only be an Android SDK, rather than a Windows SDK).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:52:21 pm by Ben321 »

Offline joe-c

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 08:05:36 pm »
Do you have a USB analyzer?
No... but its on my wishlist  8)
At that price, I might as well buy a more expensive thermal imager that actually has a Windows SDK released with it (such as Thermal Expert), rather than buying expensive equipment to reverse engineer a thermal imager that does not yet have an SDK released (and when it does, it will probably only be an Android SDK, rather than a Windows SDK).
truth, and the Seek Pro price is near the Thermal Expert Q1. i guess too its better to focus more on that.
but if just a few command changes are needed to start it, it would be great.
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 03:44:24 am »
Do you have a USB analyzer?
No... but its on my wishlist  8)
At that price, I might as well buy a more expensive thermal imager that actually has a Windows SDK released with it (such as Thermal Expert), rather than buying expensive equipment to reverse engineer a thermal imager that does not yet have an SDK released (and when it does, it will probably only be an Android SDK, rather than a Windows SDK).
truth, and the Seek Pro price is near the Thermal Expert Q1. i guess too its better to focus more on that.
but if just a few command changes are needed to start it, it would be great.

Ok. I thought you had one. It must be somebody else who had one then, because I know somebody here already reverse engineered the original Seek Compact, using a USB protocol analyzer. There was a whole thread on the reverse engineering effort of the Seek Compact (though I can't find it now). I hope maybe the same guy, whoever it was, would be able to reverse engineer the Seek Compact Pro as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf