Author Topic: New Flir One - A few questions  (Read 1780 times)

Offline HagridTopic starter

• Contributor
New Flir One - A few questions
« on: July 02, 2017, 08:34:37 pm »
Hi everybody, the new Flir one is about to be released (here in Germany) and i have a few questions about it.
Most of my questions are about the Flir One Pro version.

I am thinking of getting one of those things because this tech is just so amazing. It is really great to see that there are
some companies making thermal imaging available for the average person. The things i intend to use this device are follows:
- general DIY stuff like circuit / PCB inspection
- having a look at everything possibly interesting
- maybe for some night vision experiments

So for PCB inspection and general DIY stuff i would often like to get as close as possible to some regions.
The Flir does specify the shortest focal length to 15cm. I guess this is fine for the most work, but if i have a PCB
full of SMD parts i would like to get a bit closer. Some people use a additional lens for their seek thermal to be able
to make macro pictures. I have seen somebody doing it with a Flir One Gen 2, but no actual thermal photos.
How good do you expect this too work and is here maybe someone using such a device with lens like you can get
it from ebay for a few bucks (GaAs)?

The other thing i am interested in is how good this device would perform as a cheap night vision device.
I know that the frame rate is i assume. In the dark (or with the macro lens) the secondary
camera couldn't be used anymore, so the MSX feature would be gone. The thing i wonder about is this "VividIR"
image processing they advertise at their Website. According to the example pictures there is some really strong
difference. Do they use the secondary camera to make this happen?
I have seen somebody adding an IR telephoto lens to a Flir one with some awesome results. I wonder if you could
use two of those GaAs lenses to make a crude keplerian telescope for some extended range.

Greetings, Hagrid

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf