Author Topic: Record upto 1TB Radiometric video and open in seconds, Fotric 226 thermal camera  (Read 2700 times)

Offline SmartInfraredTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
Introducing Fotric 226, 2-in-1 professional thermal camera. It can be used as a handheld IR camera with a smartphone, or a long time monitoring instrument with the PC. It has 384x288 IR pixel, -4°F~1,202°F temperature range,  ±2°C or ±2% accuracy, 10+ hours battery time, free professional analysis software, optional macro lens up to 30um etc.

"Fotric 226 thermal camera can record up to 1TB single radiometric file on the PC up to 30Hz. That is up to 9 days of continuous data at 5 frames per second or a full 1.5 months at 1 frame per second. The powerful AnalyzIR software and can open and manipulate 1 TB Radiometric file in seconds and extract full radiometric data of every pixel in every frame."

Have anyone tried this feature? The analysis seems fairly easy in the software.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:43:08 pm by SmartInfrared »
Welcome to join in the Infrared Camera group in Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/InfraredCamera/

Offline bap2703

• Regular Contributor
Is the ability to open a large file a valid commercial feature in 2018 ?

Offline larsdenmark

• Regular Contributor
I would say so. Most cameras will have a hard time storing a file of 1 TB internally (since memory cards usually aren't that large). Also transferring the data from a SD card into your computer will take a long time when things get this big.

Apparently, they store the images in their own format that allows them to do analysis on the files efficiently.

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
Don't try disguising marketing posts as a genuine question.
Your messages have been nothing but advertisements for Fortic.
If you want a genuine discussion and review, send a few people here a sample unit - Fraser or me, for example. Maybe even ship one to Dave, if you really believe your product is worth the money.

P.S: Nobody sane is going to pay $3000 for a 320x240 phone-attached camera that can't record at full frame rates. The Therm-App 640 is $3000 for 640x480 @ 25Hz.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:49:04 pm by Spirit532 »

• Contributor
  • !
I would say so. Most cameras will have a hard time storing a file of 1 TB internally (since memory cards usually aren't that large). Also transferring the data from a SD card into your computer will take a long time when things get this big.

Apparently, they store the images in their own format that allows them to do analysis on the files efficiently.

Taking about 10 minutes to just open up a 2GB radiometric video file is not, however, opening up a 1TB radiometric video file in seconds for the analysis of temperature of every pixel, this is a significant improvement and powerful feature :) Plus, it supports trigger recording with various conditions.

Fotric 226 can be used as either handheld IR camera, or long time non-stop radiometric video recording plus real-time analysis online camera. Radiometric recording up to 30Hz on PC (up to 1TB) and 5Hz on a smartphone (up to 1,000 frames).

• Contributor
  • !
If you want a genuine discussion and review, send a few people here a sample unit - Fraser or me, for example. Maybe even ship one to Dave, if you really believe your product is worth the money.

P.S: Nobody sane is going to pay $3000 for a 320x240 phone-attached camera that can't record at full frame rates. The Therm-App 640 is $3000 for 640x480 @ 25Hz.

Hi Spirit532, all information here is fact-based. :) In this post, Fotric 226 is introduced which has 384x244 resolution, -4°F~1,202°F temperature range,  ±2°C or ±2% accuracy, 10+ hours battery time, 1TB radiometric video recording on PC up to 30Hz, professional analysis software, optional macro lens up to 30um... You may check the full specs on the internet.  :)

Is the calibrated temperature range of Therm-App 5–90°C? I didn't see this parameter in the brochure.

This camera has 30Hz frame rate and is export controlled. If someone living in US is interested to review a Fotric camera, I believe Fotric will be happy to arrange that. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:44:12 pm by SmartInfrared »

Offline bap2703

• Regular Contributor
Taking about 10 minutes to just open up a 2GB radiometric video file is not, however, opening up a 1TB radiometric video file in seconds for the analysis of temperature of every pixel, this is a significant improvement and powerful feature :)

I don't understand, other manufacturers suck so much that they can't read a given frame without reading the whole file?

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor

According to specs, The Fotric can record up to 30fps. Also, it looks like can be used as a standalone device and images transferred at a later time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf