Author Topic: Seek Compact Pro frame rate investigation  (Read 24903 times)

Offline pauledd

• Regular Contributor
  • Riesige Gepanzerte Luftschiffe
Re: Seek Compact Pro frame rate investigation
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2018, 06:08:18 am »
Just a little bit on topic  ;D I just wonder if there is someone who has the Compact Pro FF and used it with joe-c's software or the linux libseek-thermal drivers... If the Compact Pro and the Compact Pro FF are physical the same devices does the FF get different initialisation commands from the Seek App?
human being - without Windows® - excuse my bad english

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2018, 07:59:52 am »
I'm confused as to what PC software is being used by people in this thread. Clearly not SeekoFix, right?

Offline tonykids

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2018, 09:40:50 am »
Just a little bit on topic  ;D I just wonder if there is someone who has the Compact Pro FF and used it with joe-c's software or the linux libseek-thermal drivers... If the Compact Pro and the Compact Pro FF are physical the same devices does the FF get different initialisation commands from the Seek App?
I have the seek pro FF ,libseek-thermal drivers /joe-C's software perform well.
the commands they used are all from the seek thermal app in android simulator.
And the frame rates are <10.
joe-C's software on my pc sometimes get a high frame rate ,about 2~3 seconds.

Offline pauledd

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2018, 02:40:17 pm »

Okay, but the commands where recorded with a non-FF device or am I wrong?
If so, it would be really interesting what commands were sent to an actual FF device from the
Seek App.  ;D

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2018, 09:51:39 pm »

Okay, but the commands where recorded with a non-FF device or am I wrong?
If so, it would be really interesting what commands were sent to an actual FF device from the
Seek App.  ;D

Yes this would be interesting, but I must point out that there is legal risk to publishing that information on this open forum.  At least 40 countries, including Germany & the U.S. have agreed to [attempt to] limit access to thermal cameras capable of running at greater than 9fps, and the bureaucrats can be merciless against anyone who tells someone else how to enable a higher frame rate on such cameras.

You should read the discussion that begins here (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/yet-another-cheap-thermal-imager-incoming/msg1005878/#msg1005878), and also the topic Fraser started about export control concerns (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/the-challenges-of-discussing-thermal-imaging-technology-on-a-public-forum-(/msg1354944/#msg1354944).

I would like to know how the Seek app makes the Pro run FF but the export laws of my country say I must have permission (License) to tell you that information even if you are standing here in front of me in my own house--they consider that an export.  It might be that the person who posted the commands on GitHub knew what it took to enable FF and also knew enough not to reveal that information, but I suspect that the data was actually gathered from a non-FF unit.
I am not opposed to exercise, unless it is an exercise in futility.

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2018, 02:45:23 am »
I was under the impression that the Seek Compact FF had different firmware from the non-FF one and that was what determined the frame rate.

Is there a good survey of how the analysis was done so it could be repeated domestically with a legal FF module?

Offline pauledd

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2018, 05:21:11 am »
tell you that information even if you are standing here in front of me in my own house--they consider that an export.

I can buy the Compact Pro FF legally here in Germany, so what law should forbid that I publish its usb communication data, its also not revere engineering since all the usb protocol data is not encrypted and Seek
was surely aware of this.

Offline pauledd

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2018, 05:29:35 am »
the person who posted the commands on GitHub knew what it took to enable FF and also knew enough not to reveal that information, but I suspect that the data was actually gathered from a non-FF unit.
As far as I know its well known how one can set the "Compact" into "Raw" mode where you could expect to read the sensor with ~30fps, but without shutter, that doesnt work on the "Compact Pro" and I guess on the Comapct FF neither, but I've never read anything about someone who was able to run a FF device at fullspeed like in the Seek App with any custom written software... or its a well kept secret  8)

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2018, 08:26:05 am »

I can buy the Compact Pro FF legally here in Germany, so what law should forbid that I publish its usb communication data,

But people who can NOT buy the Pro FF legally in their country CAN read this forum.

Regardless of whether it makes sense to anyone outside of the governments who make the laws.  They are the laws.  Those of us who have seen firsthand what it costs to violate them & have been accordingly "trained" by their employers try to be careful about such matters.

I was under the impression that the Seek Compact FF had different firmware from the non-FF one and that was what determined the frame rate.
We thought that also but @pauledd told me that the Seek app reports the same camera software & hardware on his non-FF Pro that it reports here for my Compact Pro FF.  But the app does know whether to flag the unit as FF or not.
I am not opposed to exercise, unless it is an exercise in futility.

Offline pauledd

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:31 am »
But the app does know whether to flag the unit as FF or not.

Maybe it decides on the SN or USB ID... But I will stop speculating since I dont want to end in Guantanamo...  :palm:

Offline tonykids

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2018, 10:25:15 am »
My compact pro is a FF version since the frame rate on seek thermal app is about 18Hz.
However,when I get this device the first time ,I can only get about 7~8Hz and the name displayed on the screen is"Compact Pro".  after upgrade the seek app to 2.10(maybe 2.0),I get the high frame rate :clap: the name displayed on the screen is"Compact Pro FF".and no firmware update progressed to my seek pro.
My model number has an X on the end.

The following users thanked this post: nikitasius

Offline gabiz_ro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2021, 01:52:50 pm »
Hello all
I’m looking for something but can’t found anywhere, so I hope someone here can help me
Did anyone have dump of FL032PIF from Compact Pro FF. Is standard SPI flash chip so can be read by many tools.
So if someone have some soldering skill and required tools and time maybe could help me.
Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf