Author Topic: SEEK Compact Pro product number/upc question  (Read 2368 times)

Offline cascadeTopic starter

• Contributor
SEEK Compact Pro product number/upc question
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:20:00 pm »
Looking to buy this SEEK Compact Pro from ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seek-Thermal-Compact-PRO-Infrared-Imaging-Camera-For-Android-Smartphone-UQ-AAAX-/282547872885

for $369.99

Does anyone know if there is any significance to the product number UQ-AAAX and or upc 855753005631? Any way to tell if the unit is from the newest batch or some older one?

Also can this unit be prone to the side to side temperature gradient issue?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:30:22 pm by cascade »

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SEEK Compact Pro product number question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:02 pm »
UQ-AAAX is merely the model number, so all of them would be that number.  I see that the listing claims it is new in the original box, so it should be fairly new stock if they keep selling them cheap.  You would probably need a serial number to judge how recently it was produced.

You could also watch Amazon for similar pricing as I have seen this offered by marketplace sellers there for ~$350 several times.  I bought mine last week for $327, but it's back up to $499.99 from that seller now.  Even Amazon's price fluctuates widely.
I am not opposed to exercise, unless it is an exercise in futility.

• Contributor
Re: SEEK Compact Pro product number/upc question
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:52:47 am »
I need Android version and I dont see any Compact Pro for Android offers on Amazon at the moment. Could you post link to the seller that you got yours from for $325. Also did you notice any issiues with your device? I am looking for the side to side temperature gradient issue that seems to be related to lens or sensor alignment. Not sure if that was related to cheaper model or PRO as well.

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 06:35:51 am »
Read the Seek warranty carefully, of course.  There might be an advantage to consider only vendors who offer returns and/or exchanges for new units.   Otherwise, instead of a new unit, you may end up with a rebuilt/refurbished unit for the price of a new one, if your new unit arrives DOA.

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 07:23:19 am »
I need Android version and I dont see any Compact Pro for Android offers on Amazon at the moment. Could you post link to the seller that you got yours from for $3257. Also did you notice any issiues with your device? I am looking for the side to side temperature gradient issue that seems to be related to lens or sensor alignment. Not sure if that was related to cheaper model or PRO as well.

I use this link to watch the prices:https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LXM0BSH/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new  The particular seller I bought from was U.S. Retail, but others have had low offers.  The low prices seem to show up on weekends and disappear quickly.

I have seen @jpanhalt's cautionary message elsewhere, but have not read the warranty myself--and have not needed it.  All of my  non-pro's will be off warranty next month.  The non-XR I have has a couple dobs of paint on it that make me think it might well be a refurbished unit, though, and it was sold as "new".

I have not noticed any issues with the pro, but I have not put it outside on the windowsill yet.   ;) 

I thought that gradient issue was solved long ago.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 10:27:48 pm »
Thank you for the details.

Looks like the price is going down now. I watched for last hour and its between Tools and more and U.S. Retail that they decrease price in a couple of dollars decrements. It went from $469 to $404 so far. Wonder if it can get to $325 at some point. Maybe other retailers will respond. Looks like current lowest is at $369 on ebay.

Do you remember if it typically goes up to previous max quickly or crawls back up slowly?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:31:07 pm by cascade »

Offline flyingfishfinger

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 10:12:29 am »
I got my Seek Pro (Android version) on Ebay for $309, total. The seller was tactical_operation, but they don't seem to have a Pro up right now...
Good luck,

R

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 12:49:10 am »
Thank you for the details.

Do you remember if it typically goes up to previous max quickly or crawls back up slowly?

I have not watched the price as closely as you appear to be watching it.  I only looked once or twice a day if even every day.  I never saw it drop or rise incrementally.  I just saw the same low price for a day or more & then the high price--or just drop out of the list altogether.  The price was $499 a day or 2 after I ordered mine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf