Author Topic: SeekOFix can't be compiled  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
SeekOFix can't be compiled
« on: July 14, 2017, 02:33:38 am »
@frenky The program you wrote called SeekOFix (who's source code can be downloaded from here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/seekofix-new-windows-software-for-seekthermal/?action=dlattach;attach=215686) can't be compiled, because it gives this error:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(3616,5): error MSB3482: An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\Debug\app.publish\TestSeek.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria.

It appears that you forgot to include your signing certificate when you distributed the source code. So now it can't be compiled at all. Please fix this, and either edit the source code so that signing isn't required, or post your signing certificate along with your source code.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: SeekOFix can't be compiled
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:38:54 am »
Why would someone share their certificate? What is the point of signing binaries then, if anyone can sign anything using your certificate? Sign it with your own certificate or disable signing.

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SeekOFix can't be compiled
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 03:28:53 am »
Why would someone share their certificate? What is the point of signing binaries then, if anyone can sign anything using your certificate? Sign it with your own certificate or disable signing.

Good point, but then why did he distribute his source code, which requires signing? I finally did figure out a way around this though. I simply went into the project's properties, and told it not to sign the compiled EXE file. So now at least I can compile it.

Now I'm running into a new problem though, and that is that the initialization command which the software tries to send to the Seek camera, doesn't work for Seek Compact Pro (I assume it worked for the standard Seek Compact, but I don't have one to test it on).

Has anybody yet done a USB signal dump on the initialization "conversation" that the official Seek Android app actually has with the Seek Compact Pro camera? Hope somebody dumps this at some point, because I'm guessing it's completely different for the Compact Pro than for the standard Compact.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:30:24 am by Ben321 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf