Author Topic: Troubleshooting Cadillac Camera  (Read 6338 times)

Offline leaf

• Contributor
Re: Troubleshooting Cadillac Camera
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 08:12:38 pm »
I know there are other pics of the chopper wheels, but here are mine. MK1 wheel with edge notch then MK2. Didn't I read in the other thread that there is a relation to the pattern start and the timing triggers? You can't see the sensor or the dot, but they are underneath.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:14:43 pm by leaf »

Offline leaf

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 08:24:49 pm »
Your 'Mk1' is still the larger hub compared to the OEM kit version. Your 'Mk2' is a very intricate design - I do not recall seeing that in a teardown before, or did you take it off Fraser ?

Could you measure the outer diameter of the chopper zone ?
I think that changed at least once and is the main problem with spare chopper wheels.

Those are my pics. I reassembled it already but did visually compare the chopper wheel sizes between the two and they are the same (visually). I noted the difference in size on the other thread but these are the same approximate size.

The OEM kit also had an option of a chopper wheel cradle / assembly, but for Argus cameras we did not take it and made our own mounts for the wheel and the chopper sensor.

Bill
I still have another nonworking MK1 to tear down and perhaps one other MK2 to check the wheel. The camera that I prefer is quite noisy but has the best contrast of the three MK2 variety that I have. One has poor contrast. Another is better. It may not be coincidence that the two most refined, least noise producing imaged camera have the poorer contrast.

So far I've caught possums, a couple of rabbits, a fox (chasing one of the rabbits) and probably a coyote in my yard. I'm in a subdivision in the city. Haven't caught a bear yet, but there's a chance. One was in a nearby neighborhood a couple years ago. It trashed some poor woman's living room when I dog spooked it.  :scared:
It was later spotted playing on a school playground.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:29:38 pm by leaf »

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 04:06:45 pm »
For completeness, here is 'Mk zero' initially with a cut out but more commonly with a plain area for the 'clear' section.

The 'diffused' section is the same pattern on all, but is apparently at slightly different diameters to cope with a move in the sensor location on the Cadillac cameras.

Bill

Offline leaf

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 01:31:17 pm »
Nice looking wheel. My camera with poorer contrast is sometimes operating with decent contrast. I tried opening another earlier camera, but the lower screws are corroded in and giving resistance. They WILL break if I force them, so...more to come when I get them out.

I kept spotting the fox on my other cameras, leading me to investigate and it turns out there's a fox den under my old shed I was about to tear down. I walked down there to place a game camera, heard small dog sized barking (which I didn't think a fox does) and then some head bumping sounds on wood. There's a dugout under the shed and while standing there a fox kit walked out and looked around. It never focused on me probably due to lighting and that it has never seen what a human is supposed to look like. I'm guessing the barking was warning to the kit from the mother.
There's a ground hog hole 5 feet from the fox den. Hawks breed in the neighbor's back yard bordering mine. This place is an animal house. Pretty surprising what goes on around us right within view.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf