Author Topic: What was the Flir Lepton 1?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
What was the Flir Lepton 1?
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:18:12 am »
The first Flir Lepton to be released was used in the old phone-case style iPhone Flir One. And even this was designated Lepton 2. What was the Lepton 1? Was that a prototype (of which only one unit existed)? Or was this the original planned specs for it (maybe something REALLY small like 40x30 resolution), but they nixed idea that in favor of giving us an 80x60 resolution camera for the first released (but because the other was the original design it still got the official designation of Lepton 1)? Can somebody here who maybe works at FLIR, and knows about the history of the development of the Lepton, step forward, and let me know just what the Lepton 1 was?

Offline sam1275

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What was the Flir Lepton 1?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 06:53:22 pm »
I remember it was VERY similar to Lepton 2, however my memory is not very clear now.

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:24:50 pm »
I have a Lepton that was referred to just as such, with the same source I bought it from later selling Lepton 2... But I can't see a definite difference in the specs.

Maybe they decided to call it 2.0 at some point when they started offering the different lens and shutter options? Although mine has the shutter already, but was probably one of the early ones to have it...

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 09:35:10 pm »
Lepton1 never existed outside of FLIR R&D section.

The first release version was Lepton2

There is no publicly released spec for the Lepton1 as it never went into production.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf