Products > Other Equipment & Products

Casio CFX-400c scientific calculator watch

(1/7) > >>

Johnboy:
While I'm not exactly sure where to put this... I've always wanted one of these. It came as a complete shock to me tonight to realize that the guy who started this site is the designer of the uWatch. I couldn't understand why manufacturers don't seem to be interested in developing a new scientific calculator watch. I know, I know... there are a few of them available, but they're high end. What I loved about Dave's methodology in presenting his design was the concept of "you want something like this that badly? Alright. Build it yourself." I really wanted one of those kits and even sent him an email about them (this is quite a long time ago, of course, when he was presumably less busy), and he told me that he'd moved on from it. Obviously, he has.

My question to you is this: How many of you would use (were it readily available) a wristbound calculator with all the functions you'd expect from your scientific pocket calculator, or your phone app moonlighting as one? Am I alone in imagining that there's a hole that needs to be filled here, and not just the one in my mouth for my shoe to fit into?

EEVblog:
AFAIK Casio still make an almost identical case for a databank calc watch. It would take them much to redo the CFX-400 surely?

I've always want to try a re-purposing project for this.

Maybe start a petition to send the Casio?
Would they make it if say 50,000 people were interested?

EDIT: Now searching Linkedin for a suitable contact...  ;D

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Johnboy on March 19, 2018, 05:06:17 am ---My question to you is this: How many of you would use (were it readily available) a wristbound calculator with all the functions you'd expect from your scientific pocket calculator, or your phone app moonlighting as one? Am I alone in imagining that there's a hole that needs to be filled here, and not just the one in my mouth for my shoe to fit into?

--- End quote ---

No, you are not alone, I think there would be a huge market for it if implemented correctly. It anything just for an anti-smart watch appeal.

EEVblog:
These dudes look approachable  ;D

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-gillio-7789275/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-prunk-9429882/

Johnboy:
I am thrilled to hear that you are supportive of a "petition" of sorts, Dave. Surely I can't be the only kid who ever wrote a letter to Casio and asked "what gives"?

I think you're right about the backlash regarding the "smartwatch phenomenon". My first question upon seeing one wasn't whether I could give it voice commands to start my car, but whether it had a pi key.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version