Author Topic: Tandy 1000 ex/hx PLUS Expansion to 8-Bit ISA Riser card project  (Read 69474 times)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Tandy 1000 ex/hx PLUS Expansion to 8-Bit ISA Riser card project
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2018, 06:25:32 am »
Yeah, that might be just what you need. :-+
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline djosTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2018, 08:20:41 am »
Yeah, that might be just what you need. :-+

I just ordered some parts to try out.  :-+

• Supporter
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2018, 04:54:32 am »
So I've finally got around to starting a Tindie Store - I'm just waiting for the mods to approve my product listings. Currently I have 6 products with 2 more designs about to be Built and tested this week.  8)

https://www.tindie.com/stores/CyberneticSys/

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2018, 06:41:58 am »
Cool! You'll probably want to put your stuff on eBay as well, if you don't have them there already.

• Supporter
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2018, 07:03:09 am »
Cool! You'll probably want to put your stuff on eBay as well, if you don't have them there already.

I've sold via ebay before, but it's not worth it for low volume stuff like mine - you have to Jack up your prices to cover the ~20% in fees you end up paying.  :-[

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2018, 07:27:15 am »
That's OK. It's free marketing. Some won't care about that difference and just buy it. Other shoppers will Google the product name to see if it's available other places at a better price and find your Tindie store.

Offline raffie

« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2018, 01:41:37 pm »
So I've finally got around to starting a Tindie Store - I'm just waiting for the mods to approve my product listings. Currently I have 6 products with 2 more designs about to be Built and tested this week.  8)

I recently bought a Tandy 1000 HX and I'm planning to buy a couple items from your store but I was wondering if you might be able to help me out with a couple questions I have regarding the converters before I do.

I've been looking into the possibility of using an internal iomega ZIP drive on the Tandy 1000 HX using a Lo-tech IDE adaptor. From my understanding, this should work, and the issue may be power supply. From what I read on the product page of your floppy-to-gotek adapter, it would also be possible to use a standard PC floppy drive with it, but from what I have read on forums, this wouldn't be a good idea on the Tandy 1000 HX as it may damage the power supply...?

The internal ZIP-drive has a standard molex connector on the back so using your floppy-to-gotek adapter, and then a molex to 4-pin floppy power connector, that is my theoretical idea to power the ZIP-drive.

Now my question is, is this a good idea, or does this setup have the potential to damage the Tandy's power supply? Or, have I overlooked other potential issues?

• Supporter
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2018, 08:23:41 pm »
Howdy, TBH I don't think I'd be concerned about powering an IDE zip drive from the floppy 5v power, the zip drive uses a Maximum Continuous 800 mA and a Peak current draw of 1.65 amps. A typical floppy drive peak draw is 500mA with continuous draw of 450mA.

Many folk ran 3.5" hard drives internally back in the day and I reckon those old beasts would require way more current than a zip drive. Admittedly they'd have used 12v, but there's only 2 amp supply there.

The HX power supply can sustain 3.0 amp current supply on the 5v side.

• Supporter
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2018, 04:42:12 am »
Hi Guy's, I'm having a pre-Xmas 10% off Sale for the 1st 10 orders from my Tandy 1000 adapter range this month!

Use the code: 6F445D33 at Checkout.

Apparently the above code isnt working for some folk, so here's another one just in-case: 67FC73DA

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf