Products > 3D printing

3D Printer yet?

<< < (404/412) > >>

mnementh:
Yeah, this reminds me of a review I saw of a PCB CNC machine that was made out of laser-cut lauan plywood. No matter how good the software is, that was a master-class in being politic.  :-DD

I did the same "prototype it in plastic" thing on my e-Bike a few months ago:

--- Quote from: mnementh on May 19, 2021, 02:30:52 pm ---   

I used circular pattern in frustion360 today...
--- End quote ---

mnem
*rollin'...*

Canis Dirus Leidy:
Soldering wire dispenser with battery powered DC motor. Assembly video from author:

Thingiverse page with STL files.

beanflying:
Not sure I am quite ready to abandon the sometimes painful STL's yet but for new designs it makes sense and it seems their days are numbered FINALLY :clap:

Fusion based but most of the points are relevant regardless of CAD package.

xrunner:

--- Quote from: beanflying on September 21, 2021, 02:40:10 am ---Not sure I am quite ready to abandon the sometimes painful STL's yet but for new designs it makes sense and it seems their days are numbered FINALLY :clap:

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I had heard of 3MF but if this is "the future" fine. I just opened F360, hadn't used it in a while so it updated itself. Expected save as .stl to be gone but it's still there. Not sure why the video title had "Save as STL is gone!" maybe it was just a phrase to draw in viewers.

However, I opened a previous design of mine, saved it as .3mf, and it opened in Cura OK (set down to the lower left corner but not a problem at all). Sliced and diced same as usual. So sure, why not transition over from now on? I do sometimes hack up a model in Tinkercad from an .stl, but there are converters out there to go back and forth. Onward into the future ...

beanflying:

--- Quote from: xrunner on September 21, 2021, 11:28:38 am ---
--- Quote from: beanflying on September 21, 2021, 02:40:10 am ---Not sure I am quite ready to abandon the sometimes painful STL's yet but for new designs it makes sense and it seems their days are numbered FINALLY :clap:

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I had heard of 3MF but if this is "the future" fine. I just opened F360, hadn't used it in a while so it updated itself. Expected save as .stl to be gone but it's still there. Not sure why the video title had "Save as STL is gone!" maybe it was just a phrase to draw in viewers.

However, I opened a previous design of mine, saved it as .3mf, and it opened in Cura OK (set down to the lower left corner but not a problem at all). Sliced and diced same as usual. So sure, why not transition over from now on? I do sometimes hack up a model in Tinkercad from an .stl, but there are converters out there to go back and forth. Onward into the future ...

--- End quote ---

If you haven't used Fusion for a while then you want to look at the completely revamped Mesh space. This is a good start point https://www.eevblog.com/forum/3d-printing/3d-printer-yet/msg3604371/#msg3604371 and some discussion just after it and some examples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version