Products > 3D printing

3D Printer yet?

<< < (405/412) > >>

mnementh:
Meh. Sounds to me (as it is the product of a committee of 3DP corps) that is is more likely intended to ultimately serve as a container for some form of DRM once it has large adoption.

Don't care ATM... I've tried both formats and Cura doesn't seem to care either.  :-//

mnem
still Model T stage of development... :o

mnementh:
Boring Mundane Everyday Print #217: Screen Door Striker   

https://a360.co/39OL5TC

Just what it says; fixing the ripped screen and found I didn't have a striker for the front screen door, so it doesn't latch tight. A little measuring showed the usual ~13mm high strikers would barely catch, so designed this to fit exactly in the existing space so it butts up against the screen-door frame for strength. Took 20 minutes to get it designed and printing, including setting up the printer which was just sitting in the corner after the move. 2.2 hours and ~61¢ worth of filament.

Printed on my CReality CR-6SE in XINGTONG ZHI LIAN Brand Black PLA, 0.20LH, 60mm/s, 200°C/60°C Bed, no adhesion/supports, otherwise all Cura defaults, infill set manually to 1mm grid, 1.2mm top/bottom, 1.2mm wall thickness. Total print time: 2.2 Hours

mnem
*currently engaged in the battle of the front screen door*

beanflying:
Make a Coffee or open a beer and spend an hour learning some of the Basics of STLs and Meshes regardless of CAD software then some well explained how to's on the FUSION mesh space  :-+

mnementh:
Boring Mundane Everyday Print #222: Latch Thingum for TV Wall Mount   

Bought the cheapest TV wall mount I could find on Amazon; didn't realize the "safety lock" was a stoopit screw you're supposed to screw up under the bottom rail. :palm: Decided to make this to fit; bonus, it will make these mounts fit on the rail already mounted on the wall.

If I designed it right. :-DD

We'll see; I couldn't be arsed to model the mounting bracket this is going on, so I'm 100% flying by the seat of my pants here. :P

Got the latch part right first try; the slider rod needed to be just a bit longer. Fortunately, that part only takes aboot 20 min to print.

Together, it works exactly as expected; a little pull loop of mechanic's wire and ready to go. Parts for the 2nd TV mount printing now.

Printed on my CReality CR-6SE in XINGTONG ZHI LIAN Brand Black PLA, 0.16LH, 60mm/s, 205°C/60°C Bed, no adhesion/supports, otherwise all Cura defaults, infill set manually to 1mm grid, 1.2mm top/bottom, 1.2mm wall thickness. Print time: 1.4 Hours per set; 2.7 hours total.

mnem
Yes, the wall is olive drab. Honestly, I don't mind it.

beanflying:
And this is in part why Makerbot / Stratysys / Thingiverse are a mob of  :-X 's Completely petty  :bullshit:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version