Products > 3D printing

3D Printer yet?

<< < (410/412) > >>

georges80:
^ Actually, the powerpoles are great for temporary power connections. Since they are genderless and mate with each other, you can easily configure extensions, switches, port expanders etc. Self wiping, high current in a small package, fairly rugged, easy to field maintain if necessary with minimal tools. I used the SB50 stuff for higher current and they are pretty common for 4wd usage.

Powerpoles are common in the HAM area.

For my temporary usage, 12V drill, water pump, camp lights, charging cables for various 12V stuff etc., they are perfect compared to cigarette lighter plugs that are designed to push/fall out :)

I've used powerpoles on many camping trips out bush and have not found a downside in how I use them.

For more permanent connections, Deutsch/delphi/weatherpack etc are clearly a better choice, especially if subjected to 'weather'.

cheers,
george.

mnementh:
I have extensive and intimate experience with them; I used to use them racing RC on carpet oval, dirt oval and scale drags. Too fragile, too easy to eff up the leaf-springs inside and then the wiper surface has inadequate tension against the flat of the contact, then their much-vaunted low contact resistance goes to crap.

The one thing I did like about them was being able to stack them and make a permanent multi-pole connector with just a dot of CA on each shell.

mnem
 :-\

mnementh:

Starting small... very small.

As in ~8mm x 19mm x 9mm tall.  :o

Why is this something new...? This is my first part in TPU with my CR6-SE; actually my first time printing TPU on any printer I own. This is a replacement for missing rubber snubbers in the drawer glides in my big effing toolbox.

Hmmm... this is a very firm TPU; I'd guess Rockwell 90A, maybe harder. Really good for rubber bumpers; I might even use a belt printed of this stuff. Not a cogged/timing belt, but like if I needed a loader belt for a VCR or tape deck... yeah.

The detent action with the new bumpers is excellent... and now I can start sorting all my tools back into my box.  :-+

Printed on my CReality CR-6SE in Priline Black TPU from Amazon, 0.20LH, 20mm/s & 15mm/s, 230°C/45°C Bed, no adhesion/supports, 100% infill, 1.2mm top/bottom, 1.2mm wall thickness, Flow rate 110%.  Otherwise all Cura defaults for CR-6SE profile. Print time ~15 minutes/copy, 1 gram filament.

mnem
*toddles off to sort some tools*

thm_w:
Yeah amazon says "The shore value of our TPU filament is 98a." So that is quite high, but, also would be easier to print. I used some 95A and it was good for a hard shoe rubber.

Incorrectly assumed all TPU would be the same stuff, obviously not. It looks like the lowest available is 60A: https://all3dp.com/1/flexible-filament-tpu-tpe-tpc-best-brands/

metrologist:
Did I miss where we are printing our PCB traces by now? I know conductive filament exists but last I read it wasn't a suitable replacement for copper traces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version