Products > 3D printing

3D Printer yet?

<< < (412/412)

mnementh:
Boring Mundane Everyday Print #319:
Battery Holder For Harbor Freight/BAUER Hedge Trimmer   

AutoDesk Online 3D Viewer

So... one of the things we realized this spring is that this property has actual deliberately planted, groomed hedges by the front door... and lots of bushes that need to be kept trimmed away from the house to discourage pests.

A couple weeks ago I picked this up because cheap-cheap; I was looking at used cordless trimmers on CL for $75 and more and just going "No way in Hell I'm paying that..." Well, Horror Fraught popped this in my inbox as a "Global Price Reduction" item (lots of retailers are slashing prices on housewares, since the COVID lockdowns are over, people are spending money going out and on travel instead), then Memorial Day a coupon that brought it down to $37 with tax. SOLD!

I've had it apart for a while figuring out the control PCB; at first I wasn't sure it would work, as the BAUER packs are a "dumb" battery with all the balancing terminals brought out (they copied DeWalt; including their pinout) to the header. But it turns out it is directly compatible with the KOBALT smart batteries as long as you also implement the thermistor circuit; it even appears to be a similar curve to the thermistor Kobalt used.

So once that was established, it was time to make up a battery adapter like I did with my Makita SawzAll shown above; this holder is actually a remix of that one.

Once the part was printed and successfully test-fitted with a battery, it was time to make the contacts. As I didn't have any of the copper bits I used for the Makita adaptor, I decided to use some of this copper door weatherseal, as I have yards of the stuff. It's pretty thin, so even doubled over I was worried about it just collapsing under the pressure of the battery springs. So I cut some little strips with the corrugation going the opposite direction and soldered them in place at the back of the contact to keep them captive. As always, the Metcal takes anything I throw at it in stride.

Next came soldering the contacts to the controller PCB wires; this was a job for the 700°F tip, as one needs to work hot and fast when soldering right on PLA.  ;)

Here it is all hooked up. The controller PCB has a dual interlock to keep you holding the thing with both hands; if either switch opens, it immediately kills power and shorts the motor to brake the mechanism to a halt almost instantly. A bit startling as the sparks do fly at the motor brushes when you let go!  :o

Here it is with the new battery holder screwed down...

And all buttoned up, ready to go to work tomorrow morning!

Printed on my CReality CR-6SE in Inland Brand black PLA+, 0.28LH, 60mm/s, 210°C/60°C Bed, flow 110%, no adhesion/supports, infill set manually to 1mm Cubic, 1.12mm top/bottom, 0.8mm wall thickness. Otherwise all Cura defaults for CR-6SE profile. Print time 3.2 hours, 47 grams filament total.

mnem
I fought the lawn and the lawn won...  :P

mnementh:
Boring Mundane Everyday Print #333: SSD Adapter for MacPro HDD Sled   

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1630550

Picked up a cheap SSD from Amazon Prime to wake up the MacPro a wee bit; of course, this old iron is designed around fast Barracuda spinning rust, not little 2.5" format SSDs. Numerous adapters have been around on Thingiverse for a while; this one looked like the quickest and simplest print.

Printed on my CReality CR-6SE in Inland Brand black PLA+, 0.20LH, 60mm/s, 205°C/60°C Bed, flow 110%, no adhesion/supports, infill set manually to 1mm Cubic, 0.8mm top/bottom, 0.8mm wall thickness. Otherwise all Cura defaults for CR-6SE profile. Print time 0.9hours, 10 grams filament.

mnem
Now to do battle with MacOS Migration Tool...  :P

mnementh:
Boring Mundane Everyday Interesting Fun TE-Related Project Print #832:
Shell for TK's Siglent/HP Logic analyzer Pod Adapter   

3D Model Web Viewer

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5444184   

This is the 3DP part of a pretty complex project I've posted here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/diy-logic-probes-alternate-approach-using-tks-adapter-pcb/msg4326775/#msg4326775

Printed on my CReality CR-6SE in Inland Brand black PLA+, 0.16LH, 60mm/s, 205°C/60°C Bed, flow 110%, Supports TOUCHING BUILDPLATE, infill set manually to 1mm Cubic, 1.2mm top/bottom, 0.8mm wall thickness. Otherwise all Cura defaults for CR-6SE profile. Print time ~3 hours per complete shell, ~30 grams filament.

mnem
*currently nuking a 54621D*

mnementh:
Interesting Fun TE-Related Project Print #844: HP Logo Filler Plate for 546xxx Family Scopes   

https://a360.co/3zNKW0M

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing: 

This was part of my restoration of a HP 54621D; filler plates for the bail holes on my 54645A as I robbed the bail off it for the 54621D.  :-DD

Printed on my CReality CR-6SE, face down on Build-Tak surface for grainy texture. Printed in Inland Brand black PLA+, 0.20LH, 60mm/s, 205°C/60°C Bed, flow 110%, NO Supports, BRIDGING MODES enabled, infill set manually to 1mm Cubic, 0.8mm top/bottom, 0.8mm wall thickness. Otherwise all Cura defaults for CR-6SE profile. Print time ~1 hour per plate, ~12 grams filament.

mnem
*currently nuking a 54621D*

Ranayna:
Interesting decision printing this face down. I don't think i would have tried that, considering the long bridging distance, but the pattern looks quite nice.

I think i need to consider such long bridges in one of my printing projects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version