Author Topic: Bambu Labs X1 Carbon - Initial Impressions  (Read 21611 times)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Bambu Labs X1 Carbon - Initial Impressions
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2024, 09:06:19 am »
Another new X1 user after two prior Creality printers.  Really impressed with both speed and print quality.  There a few points not previously mentioned.  TPU is not recommended.  The long feed tubes and much pushing and pulling of filament is probably the reason.  So now my Ender 3 Pro is dedicated to TPU.  The AMS has proved very useful though I have not yet done a multi-color print.  Being able to select the appropriate material without manually changing filaments is nice.  Filament loading is really easy.  Just clip the filament end and shove it in.  And the ability to automatically switch to a second roll of filament when one runs out is really useful.  The ability to use the short end of a roll more than makes up for the filament used in hot end cleaning and calibration at the start of each print job. 

I still feel more comfortable with parameter setting in Cura than Bambu Studio, but for more standard prints it is more than adequate.

Overall extremely good value for the price.

I think TPU can be done if you hang the filament reel on the back of the printer and feed it straight in without the AMS, this of course means no multi filament.

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Bambu Labs X1 Carbon - Initial Impressions
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2024, 09:27:55 am »
Another new X1 user after two prior Creality printers.  Really impressed with both speed and print quality.  There a few points not previously mentioned.  TPU is not recommended.  The long feed tubes and much pushing and pulling of filament is probably the reason.  So now my Ender 3 Pro is dedicated to TPU.  The AMS has proved very useful though I have not yet done a multi-color print.  Being able to select the appropriate material without manually changing filaments is nice.  Filament loading is really easy.  Just clip the filament end and shove it in.  And the ability to automatically switch to a second roll of filament when one runs out is really useful.  The ability to use the short end of a roll more than makes up for the filament used in hot end cleaning and calibration at the start of each print job. 

I still feel more comfortable with parameter setting in Cura than Bambu Studio, but for more standard prints it is more than adequate.

Overall extremely good value for the price.

I think TPU can be done if you hang the filament reel on the back of the printer and feed it straight in without the AMS, this of course means no multi filament.
Yes, although I've read some people had success with stiffer TPU in AMS. Did not try TPU in AMS myself though. I barely did any multicolor prints but PLA support interface work wonders for PET-G printing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:31:20 am by wraper »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf