Products > 3D printing

Ender 3 Pro: "THERMAL RUNAWAY: E1 PRINTER HALTED" error...

(1/2) > >>

Rax:
This is almost surely not the right place for this post, but I have no idea where else to go (Creality's own forum seems pretty languid...) and hoping long time users may have some good insight.

I've been getting consistent "THERMAL RUNAWAY: E1 PRINTER HALTED" errors starting this morning, always occurring about a few minutes into the print (barely at the second layer of the base), at what feels like the exact same time.

I was under Marlin 1.0.1, and upgraded to 1.0.3 (which I believe is the latest for my motherboard, v4.2.2).

Any ideas?...
Thanks.

JohnG:
If one of your thermocouples is loose, or the connection intermittent, this could trip the protection. Sometimes this can occur once things heat up enough, or if the cable or connection is poor, it could occur once the hot end or bed moves enough to put strain on the cable. It could be a combination of the two.

This describes it pretty well: https://3dprinting.stackexchange.com/questions/8466/what-is-thermal-runaway-protection/8467

This is just a pointer in the direction where I think the problem is. No guarantees, etc...

Good luck,
John

Rax:

--- Quote from: JohnG on January 04, 2022, 01:05:48 am ---If one of your thermocouples is loose, or the connection intermittent, this could trip the protection. Sometimes this can occur once things heat up enough, or if the cable or connection is poor, it could occur once the hot end or bed moves enough to put strain on the cable. It could be a combination of the two.

This describes it pretty well: https://3dprinting.stackexchange.com/questions/8466/what-is-thermal-runaway-protection/8467

This is just a pointer in the direction where I think the problem is. No guarantees, etc...

Good luck,
John

--- End quote ---

John - thank you very much for pitching in. I managed to detach the fan shroud to look inside and tightened the thermistor (hopefully not too much...) and it seems this made the issue go away. Not sure why this was happening after a certain time of running, maybe heat and dilation of parts contributed to triggering the issue from a certain point on.

I'm printing!  :-+

thm_w:
Yes the constant heating and cooling cycles will tend to loosen up parts. Differential thermal expansion, etc.

ivaylo:
I get this on a Prusa Mini when it’s just too cold where I print. Taking it to a warm place always fixes the problem. Not sure where you are, but considering it’s January it may be relevant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version