Products > 3D printing

Ender3 V2 Metal Extruder

<< < (5/5)

JohnG:
I have a Creality printer that I bought to see if I had real interest and use for a 3D printer, and because I wanted to learn about the basics. I fully expected that I would be "improving" it.  I figured that out based on the price and some basic research. The percentage of videos and articles about modifying your Ender was a pretty clear clue.

I got what I paid for, and it has met my expectations and my needs. I learned a lot about the promise and pitfalls of 3D printing. If I ever need to by one for more professional needs, I have a much better idea of what to look for.

John

Zucca:

--- Quote from: JohnG on December 01, 2022, 05:41:02 pm ---I got what I paid for, and it has met my expectations and my needs. I learned a lot about the promise and pitfalls of 3D printing. If I ever need to by one for more professional needs, I have a much better idea of what to look for.

--- End quote ---

Same with me, but after all my upgrades the amount of money I put it is above the Prusa price... of well at the end of the day it was a painful learning experience.

wilhe_jo:
Well, Prusa Printers seem to be kind of flawed either. Just look at the bear extruder mod... Seems like a must...

Yes, a Revo hotend+PEI flexibel printbed+dualgear extruder is quite some Upgrade compared to the price of the printer. But still, it's half of a Prusa printer. In addition the prusas seem to need quite some upgrades  to run in a farm Situation.

I'm now at 60days this year of pure print time with my ender 3 v2 printers... All PetG.
Not a single second of maintenance ...

All the linear bearing printers would have already needed at least one re-greasing... BTDT!

The year before, I had a single roller bearing failing.
I didn't bother replacing all bearings on that axis...just the single faulty one... Since this was the only one so far, I guess, I messed up the adjustment on setup.

Don't get me wrong, all these cheap (<5k) printers need quite some care and loads of time to learn how to use them in a way which is reliable for your usecase.

I tried several brands up to around 3k. However, my farm now consists of 6 ender 3 V2. It's just exceptionally cost effective and after changing some parts, it's pretty reliable for me.

Another cool effect is, that I can print certain colours ( and in the past also materials) exclusively on certain printers... No more troubles with discoloration on white prints :)

Prusa uses certainly better quality parts. But I would never switch back to a non-revo hotend or non-roller bearings.

Rollerbearings are perfect for 3d printers. They are plenty rigid for this usecase and have close to none wear and need effectively zero mentainance.

If the MK3 would use roller bearings, I'd get a bunch of these... If they would come with Revo style hotends, I'd order ever quicker...

The only weak point I still have is the print surface... But from what I read, 300 nearly identical prints would be a problem for the prusa stuff as well...

I changed filaments to lower temp PetG. That helped a lot...but I'm still not fully happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version