Products > 3D printing

Hmm, only a slight layer shift lol

(1/6) > >>

HobGoblyn:
While I've done PETG test prints in the past, yesterday I kicked off my first proper print

My first proper print on my new SKR 1.4 Turbo on my CR10 v2

Just got up, and after 17 hrs came down to see attached pic.

Just loaded the gcode into cura and it looks fine  see attached

Any suggestions please?

I also notice (cant see in pic) that it warped slightly at the bottom left, I had the bed at only 70?

Thanks

Microdoser:
Layer shifts (AFAIK) are generally caused by a printing speed that is too high leading to the drive motor slipping. Lower the speed you are trying to print at, and they should go away.

I have my bed at 75 for PETG and my nozzle at 243, and I also spray the bed with hair spray (Insette)

HobGoblyn:
Thanks, I did a temp tower, 230 gave the best, the higher I went, the more stringing appeared.

Someone on a cr10 facebook group asked if I had zhop turned on, I didn't.

I will watch the vids you posted in my other thread (that was with a different main board) and try again.

I presumed (possibly wrongly) that if it's hot enough that the material sticks to the bed, that's all I'm after?  (will google it).  One thing that currently works very well on my V2 is the Creality bed.  At 50, PLA sticks like glue, wont budge at all, let the bed cool down  and there's virtually zero resistance, prints just fall away, at 70, the small temp tower takes a lot to remove before it's cooled down, will try increasing a bit (after reading up on this) and will see.

Thanks again

HobGoblyn:
Hmm, just printing another temp tower and twice while printing, the bltouch deployed it's self (out and straight back in, but long enough to catch on a large print

HobGoblyn:

--- Quote from: HobGoblyn on August 15, 2021, 11:56:49 am ---Hmm, just printing another temp tower and twice while printing, the bltouch deployed it's self (out and straight back in, but long enough to catch on a large print

--- End quote ---

Reprinted with video of entire print, didn't do it once

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version