Products > 3D printing

Thingiverse hacked. Change your passwords!

(1/2) > >>

Microdoser:
Thingiverse has been hacked. If you use the same password anywhere else, change all of them. At the minimum, change your thingiverse password.

xrunner:
Thanks. Yea no notice on the page about this. I've written them about other issues in the past never got any response. The customizer doesn't work. Time to start looking elsewhere.

brucehoult:
It was a year ago. I used one of my lowest security passwords there -- one I specifically use for sites that I figure probably won't have great security. What is someone going to do? Upload their own designs under my name? Delete mine? (I still have originals) Make nasty comments using my name. Whatever. They can't do anything financially.

thm_w:

--- Quote from: brucehoult on October 15, 2021, 12:19:33 pm ---It was a year ago. I used one of my lowest security passwords there -- one I specifically use for sites that I figure probably won't have great security. What is someone going to do? Upload their own designs under my name? Delete mine? (I still have originals) Make nasty comments using my name. Whatever. They can't do anything financially.

--- End quote ---

All I can think is they'd steal high value accounts then use them to post malicious files or links.
Why not use lastpass or similar, easier to autofill a secure password than remembering an insecure one.

I wanted a rude username:

--- Quote from: brucehoult on October 15, 2021, 12:19:33 pm ---What is someone going to do? Upload their own designs under my name?

--- End quote ---

The greatest risk is to people who reuse the same username and password on other sites. The most convenient solution is to use a password manager ... then you only need to remember one password, but your password on each site is unique.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version