Products > 3D printing

Upgrading Anet A8 Firmware

<< < (5/6) > >>

HobGoblyn:

--- Quote from: bostonman on September 28, 2021, 01:49:39 pm ---
So you added G29 to your gcode, does this mean without it the printer wouldn't perform a bed leveling at the beginning?

--- End quote ---

Yes, no bed levelling without it.

Regarding pins, if your board has a dedicated socket for the Bltouch, you probably don’t need to worry about pins. As far as I understand/know, it’s if you want to use a socket assigned to something else that you need to worry about pins.  For example, on my SKR 1.4 turbo board, I wanted full control of a fan, as my board had two extruder sockets, I used the spare for the fan, but had to tell the fan which board pin it was connected to.

bostonman:
Makes sense on the pins file. The A8 doesn't have a dedicated socket per se; I wish it did. A single wire on the BLTouch sensor has to be tied into a LCD ribbon cable wire. If the board had an extra socket, I imagine then the pins file would be edited accordingly to wire the sensor to it.

So G29 performs bed leveling at the beginning of each print. Does this mean G29 doesn't know what type of bed leveling is performed and the code dictates it?

I like the Marlin firmware as is, except I (successfully) enabled end stops to be on all the time. I didn't like that I can accidentally bang into the end stops when not 'homing'. Thankfully this didn't seem to use any additional space in the firmware.

Once I began tinkering with the BLTouch sensor, I ran out of space. I somewhat like the idea of having a power resume feature, but I think it exceeds space with the sensor.

I may have enough information to tinker with the code further to reduce space and enable features that I want (i.e. bed leveling).

This was a help, knowing C++ would benefit me since I'd be able to understand the code a bit more.

PlainName:
I don't have anything to do with the A8 or firmware or anything, but this caught my eye:

--- Quote ---So G29 performs bed leveling at the beginning of each print.
--- End quote ---

I am wondering why it needs leveling every print. Mine, I set it up once and forget about it. OK, it's a manual job but not very onerous so could feasibly be done regularly. It just never seems to need it.

xrunner:

--- Quote from: dunkemhigh on September 29, 2021, 11:48:26 am ---I don't have anything to do with the A8 or firmware or anything, but this caught my eye:

--- Quote ---So G29 performs bed leveling at the beginning of each print.
--- End quote ---

I am wondering why it needs leveling every print. Mine, I set it up once and forget about it. OK, it's a manual job but not very onerous so could feasibly be done regularly. It just never seems to need it.

--- End quote ---

I'm running BLtouch and I don't level it very often. Maybe went two weeks without leveling. Why would it change unless you bump the bed hard or replace something that changes the level state of the bed?

HobGoblyn:
Problem I have is removing prints from bed, I convince myself the bed can’t possibly still be level, hence for the sake of an extra couple of mins, if it’s a print that’s over a few hrs,  I usually always do level.

Mind you, the times I don’t,  prints are still fine.

I probably could get away with every two weeks or even months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version