Electronics > Altium Designer

Altium 09 and Windows 10

(1/5) > >>

User1265:
Hello

I was using Altium Designer 09 for many years, installed on Windows XP. Now I am forced to use Windows 10. AD09 is working on Win10, except trere are no pin names and pin numbers in schematic editor.

This is how it looks like in Windows XP

and this is on Win10

I do not want to try new version of Altium Designer because I have many pcb projects and I do not want to redesign them all.
Is there any setting or registry entry or whatever, that can be used to show pin numbers and pin names?

free_electron:
that looks like a missing font ...

T3sl4co1l:
Tools/Preferences, Render Text with GDI+

Also affects PDF printing, the usual problem people get with it.

Hah, this option might not even exist in AD09, I don't even remember.

You can always keep using XP on an air-gapped machine.  Heck, I don't know that there's a lot of active exploiting going on these days, simply because there are so few left; but the few that are, are probably low-hanging fruit, so yeh.  Of course, if this is by corporate decree, that may not be so easy.

Tim

User1265:
Hello, thank you for your answers.

--- Quote from: free_electron on April 17, 2022, 03:39:50 pm ---that looks like a missing font ...

--- End quote ---
I don't think that font is missing because same font is used in component name.

--- Quote from: T3sl4co1l on April 17, 2022, 07:02:57 pm ---Tools/Preferences, Render Text with GDI+

--- End quote ---
That option does not exist in AD09.

Do you know what is the oldest version of Altium Designer that successfully works on win10?

T3sl4co1l:
I don't know but probably 14+ and they're not much different from 09.  Last version with same UI is 17, if that's what you're afraid of.

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version