Author Topic: Altium 23.6.0 schematic template use reference project parameters  (Read 687 times)

Offline pryanbengTopic starter

Is there a way to make schematic templates reference the project parameters rather than document parameters? I've had a multi sheet project and to update the revision number I am manually changing the parameter on each sheet. Currently the text field on the template I have set to =Revision

Draftsman by default uses the global parameters under Project options, is there a way to point a schematic template at the project parameters rather than the individual document parameters.

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: Altium 23.6.0 schematic template use reference project parameters
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 09:34:06 pm »
Yes.  If you have a `Revision` parameter defined at the project level, then setting the `Revision` parameter at the sheet level to an empty string should cause it to inherit the value of the project level parameter.  Alternatively, you could define a different project level parameter, call it `ProjectRev`, and either use that directly in your templates, or set the sheet level `Revision` parameter to `=ProjectRev`.

I believe this behavior is actually consistent with Draftsman, but maybe Draftsman docs don't have a system parameter called `Revision` at sheet level by default, or maybe it defaults to a blank string instead of the usual "*".

The following users thanked this post: pryanbeng

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: slothsd

Offline pryanbengTopic starter

Re: Altium 23.6.0 schematic template use reference project parameters
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 09:55:30 pm »
Ah I did not realize it would auto inherit. Thanks!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf