Author Topic: How to know that all of components/connections/... are connected?  (Read 3219 times)

Offline rozehTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi guys
As you can see the title, I want to know that how can I check all of the components/connections/... to assure that they are connected and everything is ok?

After puting a resistor at my circuit and trying to update the PCB I got this message:

The awful point about my designing is that I got such warnings/errors several times ago but disregarded them. now I want to check my PCB again and see what problems are there but I don't know how to do it.
Mark Twain — 'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.'

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: How to know that all of components/connections/... are connected?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:59:21 pm »
The ECO will be unable to update if the footprint is missing pins, or if they are called out incorrectly in the footprint dialog.

And the footprint won't work at all, if it can't find the location (library installed globally, or in project, or specified by name, or..).

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline rozehTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: How to know that all of components/connections/... are connected?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 05:14:17 pm »
Thanks Tim
This option was a bit helpful for me:

tools > check unrout rule
Mark Twain — 'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.'

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf