Author Topic: Channel / Room format copy issue on multichannel design  (Read 5585 times)

Offline feroznigoffTopic starter

Channel / Room format copy issue on multichannel design
« on: November 25, 2014, 04:30:03 am »
Hi, this is my first complex multi-channel design and I'm experiencing an issue copying one completed channel to another.

The structure of my multi-channel design is very similar to the template shown in the multi-channel options dialog: http://techdocs.altium.com/sites/default/files/wiki_attachments/231557/image017.jpg

Except that "Bank A" has it's own components which connect to components from both "U2_Ch1" and "U2_Ch2", in addition to multiple polygon pours and via stitches.

I want to copy the format of "Bank A" and all enclosed objects to "Bank B", such that "Bank B" is EXACTLY the same as "Bank A". I've used "Copy Room Formats" in the past with success, however when I try to copy "Bank A" to "Bank B" there are many placement and routing issues. I've tried both "Match component by channel offsets" and "Match components by source designator". With the source designer option, Altium reports no errors, except the formats aren't copied correctly.

This has become fairly frustrating, so any help or suggested work-arounds would be extremely welcome!

I'm working in Altium 14.3.

Thanks! :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf