Author Topic: Disabling the Altium Welcome Chat Pop-Up  (Read 591 times)

Offline NF6XTopic starter

• Supporter
    • Mark's Green Pages
Disabling the Altium Welcome Chat Pop-Up
« on: June 08, 2023, 06:52:41 pm »
I’m just getting started with Altium for the first time, to evaluate it with the expectation that we’re very likely to standardize on it here at my brand new job. I had previously used KiCad and PADS in the past, and I still expect to use KiCad for my personal hobby projects.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I’d like to ask y’all before I pester Altium. Is there any way to disable that “Welcome to Altium (wave) Let me know if you’d like to chat with an expert.” chat invitation which pops up in the lower right corner every time I open Altium and every single time I open any web page at Altium (i.e., each individual step of the getting started tour)? I may well be overly sensitive, but it is really annoying me.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 08:07:53 pm by NF6X »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Disabling the Altium Welcome Chat Pop-Up
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 09:26:22 pm »
Do you have ublock origin plugin installed? Usually its relatively easy to pick content and add it to your block list.

https://ublockorigin.com/
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline NF6XTopic starter

• Supporter
    • Mark's Green Pages
Re: Disabling the Altium Welcome Chat Pop-Up
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 09:57:44 pm »
Good point. The annoying popup seems to be coming from https://js.drift.com/core and I installed uBlock Origin to nuke it in my browser. It still comes up on the Altium app home page, of course, but I may just turn off the “Open Home page on start” option once I’m comfortable in Altium and don’t need the introductory tour links any more.

They really think that an intrusive pop up on every single page load is a good idea, without even setting a cookie or something to register that the user manually closed it? Well, I suppose nerds feel incomplete when they don’t have something to complain about. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf