Author Topic: DXF export problem  (Read 6311 times)

Offline poorchavaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
DXF export problem
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:31:58 am »
What I'm trying to accomplish: export pcb outline and hole pattern to dxf. Holes are supposed to be circles of adequate diameter (as opposed to crossed, dots and the like). Would be nice if I could do whole panel like that. I want to use that DXF as an input to CamBam 0.9.8, which i typically use to setup my cnc mill and generate g-code.

Problem 1:
Altium seems to omit vias, which are part of footprints (eg. thermal pads). I have found that even when I export ALL layers to dxf, all parts of the component are exported correctly, but not thermal vias. If i use 'explode to primitives' vias seem to appear, but then i get a ton of drc errors for shorts, clearances and the like. Is this a known bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Checking 'export components as primitives' in the dialog for dxf/dwg options doesn't seem to do that.

Problem2:
My design is panelized as a 3x3 array (using embedded board array function, in separate .pcbdoc file). How do i export to dxf WITH internal features of single PCB? I don't seem to be able to export anything that is a part of the base pcb. Altium seems to just not see it.

Excellon drill/mill files are no good with Mach3/CamBam combination because they contain esotheric gcodes like G05 and also don't contain feedrate or z-axis informations.

When using Diptrace, this export is totally trivial, but here I can't seem to get a proper simple dxf....

One note: I'm not doing isolation routing, only drilling holes and milling the outline.
I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

Offline AntCh

Re: DXF export problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 01:52:53 pm »
Hi! Have you solved issues with dxf/dwg export from embedded board array in Altium since then? I have encountered the same problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf