Author Topic: How to Repeat a sheet entry that is connected internally to a BUS  (Read 371 times)

Offline Bakr_HBTopic starter

In Altium Schematic Design, I have a circuit (CER1) in a sheet, and I use a BUS to connect multiple channels. In the parent schematic, I created a sheet symbol from the CER1 sheet. And since I needed to use CER1 twice, I used the REPEAT function to repeat the block, and the entries. Everything is working well except the sheet entry that has a bus connected to it internally. it is giving an error "Bus Range syntax error" How should I repeat this Bus?

Offline Fgrir

• Regular Contributor
Re: How to Repeat a sheet entry that is connected internally to a BUS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 03:54:23 pm »
It was a few years ago that I last tried it, but I don't think you can mix repeat with busses.  I had to either split the bus into individual signals, or forget the repeat and just place separate instances of the block that used busses.

Online ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: How to Repeat a sheet entry that is connected internally to a BUS
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 04:02:00 pm »
Fgrir is correct, you can't use REPEAT() with bus or harness ports.  With only two instances of CER1 it shouldn't be a problem to just place two sheet symbols.  If needed, you can create an intermediate sheet with those two instances, and on that sheet you can wire the busses together into a new bus or harness however you need, and bring that out to the top level sheet via a single port. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf