Electronics > Altium Designer

Using the ohm symbol in schematics

(1/2) > >>

tbscope:
Is it possible to use the ohm symbol in schematics?
I tried and every time I save a document and open it again, the ohm symbol is replaced by another character.

8086:
I believe the letter R is acceptable as a replacement, for values under 1k, and then just use k, M, etc without either R or omega.

Psi:
And there's the naming scheme where   1R2  = 1.2ohms   or 1k2 = 1.2kohms  etc..
I don't particularly like it, but it's quite common.

Balaur:

--- Quote from: Psi on February 05, 2012, 12:11:54 pm ---And there's the naming scheme where   1R2  = 1.2ohms   or 1k2 = 1.2kohms  etc..
I don't particularly like it, but it's quite common.

--- End quote ---

The xRy/xKy notation scheme is a live saver when dealing with old schematics scanned from who-knows-where hand-typed or hand-drawn documents.
The decimal dot could be lost very easily.

I absolutely like the Ohm symbol because of the roundness of it, but I didn't yet found a way to use it in this forum. Simple Machines-based forums should be able to support it (and I've tried several ways) but no luck on eevblog.

Cheers,
Dan

caroper:
? - Hold the [Alt Gr] key (or the Alt Key closest to the numeric pad) and type 234 on the numeric pad (Numlock not needed).
as you can see it works here in the forum but I don't use Altium so it is up to you to test.

Cheers
Chris

EDIT: It looked fine in the editor but reverted to a ? when the message saved, very Strange, but still may be worth testing in Altium.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version