Author Topic: Ah #16  (Read 3467 times)

Offline FreeThinkerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
Ah #16
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:51:20 pm »
Good God!
The 555 is FORTY years old?.I can remember it as the hottest new thing to hit the hobby market  since the OC81 (wonder how old that is?).That was the mid to late 70's so I suppose it took a while to filter down.Also at the same time the 741 was very popular.If a project didn't have a couple of these in it it was the exception.Also remember my introduction to FET's and MosFEt's  via ETI.Suppose thinking back it was the golden era of electronics and the death (very nearly) of the hobby scene for a long time as vlsi and microprocessors made repairs/modifications to kit nearly impossible.The folding of most of the electronic monthlies discouraged the take up of young kids into the hobby plus the expense, it's a wonder we still have any table top engineers left.
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

Offline dmlandrum

• Regular Contributor
  • The Eternal Prototyper
    • The Eternal Prototyper
Re: Ah #16
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 10:49:22 pm »
If it makes you feel any better, Chris, I also call it the "Five Fifty-Five."  ;D
Darren Landrum

Offline Zad

• Super Contributor
    • Digital Wizardry, Analogue Alchemy, Software Sorcery
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 11:06:02 pm »
I have always called em fififive timers. Its faster than saying triple five or five fifty five.

Offline .o:0|O|0:o.

• Regular Contributor
  • Where is Higgs Boson?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 11:24:20 pm »
Nah! Fahfahfah or fahfittifah !

.o:0|O|0:o.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:10:44 am by .o:0|O|0:o. »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf