Author Topic: The Amp Hour #507 – Right To Repair with Louis Rossmann  (Read 13047 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
The Amp Hour #507 – Right To Repair with Louis Rossmann
« on: August 31, 2020, 08:03:57 am »
Louis Rossmann from Rossmann Repair Group joins Dave to discuss Right To Repair legislation and repairability of products, and setting up an industry standard for independent repair.
Also moving his business, realestate, and Louis’s thoughts about what will happen to New York.

https://theamphour.com/the-amp-hour-507-right-to-repair-with-louis-rossmann/

The following users thanked this post: Psi, vk4ffab

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
Re: The Amp Hour #507 – Right To Repair with Louis Rossmann
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:10:09 am »
Only 20mins in so far and can I just say how fantastic it is to hear two people on a podcast where both participants really have great mics.

-mind-blown-
iratus parum formica

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:19:38 pm »
Only 20mins in so far and can I just say how fantastic it is to hear two people on a podcast where both participants really have great mics.

Louis uses an expensive professional headset mic, mine is a Rode NT1A

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 05:44:10 pm »
I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 07:35:45 pm »
System76, a Colorado-based computer company which specializes in Linux laptops and other machines, annouced that this is going on there at the moment...

Yesterday, the state of Colorado held a hearing on Right to Repair legislation, known as the Consumer Digital Repair Bill of Rights (HB21-1199). According to the Colorado General Assembly, the bill would require electronics manufacturers to provide people with the resources needed to repair their equipment. This includes, “parts, embedded software, firmware, tools, or documentation, such as diagnostic, maintenance, or repair manuals, diagrams, or similar information.” As part of this effort, System76 Founder/CEO Carl Richell and Principal Engineer Jeremy Soller traveled to the Capitol to speak in support of this legislation.

System76’s stance as a pro-Right-to-Repair company goes all the way to the top. Open source technology has been the company mission since its inception, and the right to repair is no different.

Full article here:
https://blog.system76.com/post/646726872371200000/carl-testimony-hb21-1199mp3
iratus parum formica

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf