Author Topic: Is amphour officially dead?  (Read 32919 times)

Offline BBBbbb

• Supporter
Re: Is amphour officially dead?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2019, 10:31:46 am »
Last (I think) Jeri's appearance with Dave and Chris was awesome. Absolute roller coaster. A friend of mine, who's pure SW guy, was driving with me and was forced to listen to it, and he to found it pretty awesome. He gave Amphour a try few times after it, but it was too much electronics for him.

Offline VR46Jedi

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2019, 08:50:04 am »
Thanks Dave!  Excellent I'll look for those to add to my list.  I did fill out the survey too.  I think you may get some people mentioning their favourite episodes in their responses anyways.

The 5G Shahriar episode was great.  Interesting problem to make it function in the real world.  Ted Yapo was also a good one.  Lots more that I've heard in the recent ones.  I think the first one I listened too was 462 Boat Anchors which covered a lot of different things.  Has there been one on Software Defined Radio?  I just discovered SDR recently.  Looks like a revolution in RF equipment.

I feel like I hijacked the thread a bit.

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2019, 02:37:59 pm »
Check out 352 for a Mike Ossman (HackRF) interview. He’s been on a few times, but that I think is the one I recall really enjoying.

The following users thanked this post: VR46Jedi

Offline IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE biz & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2019, 10:48:33 am »
I still think that the almost impossible to attain interview with Dave, Chris and the Woz would be awesome.......
Perhaps we should send emails to the address at the foot of his webpage here - http://www.woz.org/

My fav Amphour episodes are with Dave and Chris just rambling.......usually when I am in my workshop soldering away........MAGIC!

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Manufacturer of the PDVS2mini & author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website & Online Shop: www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2019, 11:55:15 am »
I still think that the almost impossible to attain interview with Dave, Chris and the Woz would be awesome.......

We got as far as the Woz's wife (who is also his manager) but he's too busy.

Offline donmr

• Regular Contributor
  • W7DMR
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »
Today https://theamphour.com/ is returning a page that says "Error establishing a database connection".

The following users thanked this post: Towger

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 07:13:56 pm »
Today https://theamphour.com/ is returning a page that says "Error establishing a database connection".
Working fine for me at the moment.

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2019, 07:26:58 pm »
A local nearby Psychic could probably get a hold of Steve Jobs quicker.
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2020, 11:18:27 am »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/linux-code-of-conduct-claims-a-victim/25/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/linux-code-of-conduct-claims-a-victim/msg3208508/#msg3208508
This is just something that piqued my curiosity. Didn't seem worth a new thread. Can someone tell me what Dave meant by this. I'm a bit out of touch these days.

"
FYI, anyone who comes complaining to me about something someone is/said/done outside of this forum will be politely told to piss off and grow up  :P

This sort of crap almost destroyed The AmpHour BTW."

The cancelled thread didn't seem all that out of the ordinary for the forum hence I'm curious how "this sort of crap" would impact the Amphour.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2020, 11:51:51 am »
This is just something that piqued my curiosity. Didn't seem worth a new thread. Can someone tell me what Dave meant by this. I'm a bit out of touch these days.

Just a bunch of outraged SJW's on twitter who don't care about context. No need for details, and bringing it up again could just inflame the whole stupid thing again.
And if you aren't on twitter, then stay that way, it's a toxic cesspool of outrage culture.
Don't worry, the AmpHour survived.

The following users thanked this post: Howardlong

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2020, 12:41:29 pm »

And if you aren't on twitter, then stay that way, it's a toxic cesspool of outrage culture.

That's what I find so bizarre about Twitter, it's just not representative of the populous as whole.

I've only know one person who lives and breathes confected outrage and self-righteousness, the partner of a friend of mine. But she couldn't wait to scoff down a plate of pan fried foie gras at a 2* Michelin restaurant when out paths last crossed, a food item even I avoid over animal welfare concerns. It's a religion so full of contradictions.

Even my sister, who's a right-on education university academic, probably one of the most infected areas, is sick of it.

Twitter is a hot bed to breed tribal self-confirming bubbles.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2020, 12:59:19 pm »

Tonight's homework: compare and contrast Twatter with Farcebook.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf