Author Topic: Speaking of using quadcopters for exercising dogs  (Read 3335 times)

Offline reagleTopic starter

• Supporter
    • KuzyaTech
Speaking of using quadcopters for exercising dogs
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:31 pm »
Not sure in which episode you guys mentioned using quadcopter drones with a laser pointer to exercise your dogs. Thinkgeek did something similar, just ground based:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/dcd0/
Goes into one of those why didn't I make it first category ;)

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: Speaking of using quadcopters for exercising dogs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:20 pm »
It's probably not very good. I don't know much about dogs by cats need interactive toys and will soon get board of watching a beam mover around in a predefined pattern. If you play with the cat a laser pen yourself, you'll be moving the beam depending on the cat's movements so it won't get board so easily.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:20:57 pm »
My dog just looks at it like its a light and never shows any interest in chasing it.  He would rather be catching the frisbee or chasing some wild life.  Seems like it could be good for cats though.
-Time

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:27:14 pm »
He would rather be catching the frisbee or chasing some wild life.  Seems like it could be good for cats though.
yea! lizards, cockroaches, spiders, rats. if you are willing to make an effort, you can get it for free and unlimited ;D or just let the pet wanders around, they will find it themselves. just dont feed them with too much Friskies, they can catch "high blood pressure" ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:29:52 pm by shafri »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf