EEVblog > The AmpHour Radio Show

The Amp Hour #507 – Right To Repair with Louis Rossmann

(1/1)

EEVblog:
Louis Rossmann from Rossmann Repair Group joins Dave to discuss Right To Repair legislation and repairability of products, and setting up an industry standard for independent repair.
Also moving his business, realestate, and Louis’s thoughts about what will happen to New York.

https://theamphour.com/the-amp-hour-507-right-to-repair-with-louis-rossmann/

Ed.Kloonk:
Only 20mins in so far and can I just say how fantastic it is to hear two people on a podcast where both participants really have great mics.

-mind-blown-

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Ed.Kloonk on August 31, 2020, 10:10:09 am ---Only 20mins in so far and can I just say how fantastic it is to hear two people on a podcast where both participants really have great mics.

--- End quote ---

Louis uses an expensive professional headset mic, mine is a Rode NT1A

bsfeechannel:
I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Ed.Kloonk:
System76, a Colorado-based computer company which specializes in Linux laptops and other machines, annouced that this is going on there at the moment...

--- Quote ---Yesterday, the state of Colorado held a hearing on Right to Repair legislation, known as the Consumer Digital Repair Bill of Rights (HB21-1199). According to the Colorado General Assembly, the bill would require electronics manufacturers to provide people with the resources needed to repair their equipment. This includes, “parts, embedded software, firmware, tools, or documentation, such as diagnostic, maintenance, or repair manuals, diagrams, or similar information.” As part of this effort, System76 Founder/CEO Carl Richell and Principal Engineer Jeremy Soller traveled to the Capitol to speak in support of this legislation.

System76’s stance as a pro-Right-to-Repair company goes all the way to the top. Open source technology has been the company mission since its inception, and the right to repair is no different.
--- End quote ---

Full article here:
https://blog.system76.com/post/646726872371200000/carl-testimony-hb21-1199mp3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version