Author Topic: Grumpy 563  (Read 11931 times)

Offline msuffidyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Grumpy 563
« on: October 27, 2021, 06:50:29 pm »
Maybe this is what you are looking for regarding the different flash memory:
https://www.embedded.com/flash-101-nand-flash-vs-nor-flash/

I have purchased 3 routers for less than $25 CDN each for putting openwrt on. 2 of them have large flash memory sizes (128MB). But beside it, it says NAND. So I think NAND has some issues, but I am hoping it does not effect anything and is a bit slower. I preferred a larger OS partition so I could install all sorts of stuff to the openwrt. I use it to do things like yt-dlp all night with my cell phone. Works fine. Like I set up to get a load of youtubes or a movie and it is on a flashstick when I wake up.

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/flash

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
Re: Grumpy 563
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 08:12:39 am »
Might have to call “The Pi Store” and tease them a little, in a kind manner. I’d record the call of course. 😂

Offline msuffidyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Grumpy 563
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 03:08:29 am »
Oh just finishing listening to the whole show. I use something that sort of does the effects, but would not be as convenient as what you are proposing using. For this I am using an Audigy 2 and the KX Project 3rd party drivers. Using this setup requires a PCI slot on your motherboard, as well as the card. I think in theory you can use it for some inline DSP using sources and outputs.

I have different dsp layouts you can load, and one had a compressor that basically made a TV all the same volume no matter what was going on with it so it would not be annoying at one point.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 07:17:01 pm by msuffidy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf