Author Topic: Daves Power Supply (from 8 part design series)  (Read 1942 times)

Offline rwgast_lowlevellogicdesinTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • LowLevel-LogicDesign
Daves Power Supply (from 8 part design series)
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:47:49 pm »
So I watched all these videos twice, they are very intresting, very informative and have sparked a ton of ideas and inspired me to build a digital linear power supply.

What I was wondering is what happened with this power supply, I thought he was suppose to sell a kit....   I just realized the schematics and pcb files are under projects, which is nice, but the store does not list this item. Does dave plan on selling it again, and was it available in kit form?

Offline SebG

• Regular Contributor
  • Currently looking for an EE Job
Re: Daves Power Supply (from 8 part design series)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:32:08 pm »
He mentioned somewhere that he won't do any videos on it until he finishes the design and gets a prototype and software working.  He will also sell it as a product instead of a kit since most of the components are SMD.  He will finish it eventually.
Sebastian

Offline Greek0

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:32:56 am »
But I think it might take a bit longer for Dave's PSU to be finally finished due to some problems with the LT3080 (cf. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/lt3080-wierdness-dave%27s-power-supply-%28eev224%29-gone-mad/).

Does anyone have a link to the recent update (new schematic)? I saw it in some thread but can't find it anymore.

Offline rwgast_lowlevellogicdesinTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • LowLevel-LogicDesign
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »
Ya I heard him talking about this on the amp hour, I hope the 3amp version does not have the same issues I just ordered some. I think he said the 3085 has been fixed but it's only 500mA, blegh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf