Author Topic: SALE: Agilent upgrade to your ultimate scope program  (Read 4899 times)

Offline pixl8trTopic starter

SALE: Agilent upgrade to your ultimate scope program
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:06:18 pm »
FYI, I had come across this promo today, that I had not seen yet.  You can unlock all the soft features of your scope for the price of one software package.
   Looks like a great deal to unlock your Agilent's software.

PROMO PAGE HERE
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:09:13 pm by pixl8tr »

Offline gmb42

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SALE: Agilent upgrade to your ultimate scope program
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 06:22:06 pm »

Offline eurofox

• Supporter
    • Music
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:23:28 pm »
I already order it ;)
eurofox

Offline pixl8trTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 08:17:36 pm »
Loads of discussion about this already over here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/oscilloscope-feature-wars-agilent-options/

Thanks, Oddly enough I missed that thread. 

Cheers!

Offline Basstudio

• Contributor
    • Basstudio Broadstone Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:35:44 am »
I have just purchased a 3000 X-series scope through Keysight's eBay store with the intention to add this promo license bundle. However I don't think I will receive the scope before the promo ends on the 30th of September, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy the license bundle now and when the scope arrives (probably after the promo date expires) apply the license to the scope?

Any help would be great as I am not quite sure how these license upgrades work in these scopes.

Thanks

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:30:53 am »
I have just purchased a 3000 X-series scope through Keysight's eBay store with the intention to add this promo license bundle. However I don't think I will receive the scope before the promo ends on the 30th of September, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy the license bundle now and when the scope arrives (probably after the promo date expires) apply the license to the scope?

Any help would be great as I am not quite sure how these license upgrades work in these scopes.

Thanks
Didn't they ship DHL? IIRC they send bulk to to Neterlands, clear customs and DHL it. Should arrive earlier.

Offline Basstudio

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:54:02 am »
Didn't they ship DHL? IIRC they send bulk to to Neterlands, clear customs and DHL it. Should arrive earlier.

Maybe, it is the lead time prior to shipping that is quoted and seems to be pushing the delivery date in to the beginning of October. It might arrive earlier but I just wanted to cover my base's about the scope promo license if it does arrive after it expires, any thoughts?

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »
so I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy the license bundle now and when the scope arrives (probably after the promo date expires) apply the license to the scope?

Licenses are generated for specific scopes. You won't be able to buy one without knowing the scope serial number.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 01:18:55 pm »

Maybe, it is the lead time prior to shipping that is quoted and seems to be pushing the delivery date in to the beginning of October. It might arrive earlier but I just wanted to cover my base's about the scope promo license if it does arrive after it expires, any thoughts?
Why don't you ask them if they can either let you know the serial number, or pre-order the upgrade now?
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 01:21:06 pm »
That's not quite how it works. You buy entitlement to the licence, and in return you get a certificate from Agilent. Once you have the certificate, you have to separately enter its number into the Agilent web site and assign the purchased options to an individual scope. It's at that point that the scope-specific licence file gets generated.

I see no reason at all why it shouldn't be possible to buy the bundle now, get the certificate at the current price, but not assign it to a particular scope for a few weeks.

Offline benst

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »
Yes, AndyC is right. I am sure you do not need to know the serial#. A couple of months ago I bought a couple of the bundle licenses for our MSOX3000's, and I completely forgot to install one. I did that last week. You go to the license page (on keysight.com this time...). Only then you need the serial# and type# of the scope.

Ben
I hack for work and pleasure.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 05:21:00 am »

Thanks

I'm fairly sure what you're asking is possible. You're buying a license key. You enter the scope serial number *after* you receive the key. I bought the package about a month ago and I didn't need the scope serial number to buy the license.

Offline Basstudio

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 05:48:30 am »
Thanks for everyone's help. I have never owned an Agilent scope before so wasn't too sure how the licensing would work

I have asked Keysight for confirmation but not heard back yet. From what you guys know and have said it sounds like it will be ok, I am guessing when the promotion ends the license bundles will just cease to be on sale from the various retailers. If I purchase the license bundle (key) I would hope I could enter it on to the Keysight license setup at any time regardless of when the promotion is active and therefore it would work when my unit finally arrives.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 11:23:16 am »
I bought a MSOX3104A from the Agilent used ebay store.
At the same time I ordered the license bundle from a dealer in Germany.
The License certificate was sent to me by email the next day.
The scope arrived about 4 weeks later.
And it was no problem to apply the license to the scope at that time.

You should not have any problems, buying the license in advance.
Only when you apply the license to the scope, you need the serial number.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf