Author Topic: 36B6 042 boost DC/DC, where to get datasheet?  (Read 551 times)

Offline u666saTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
36B6 042 boost DC/DC, where to get datasheet?
« on: October 02, 2023, 07:16:05 pm »
I have this gigabyte GZ-EBS60N-C7 that's giving me 5V standby and nothing else. In all honesty I should pull everything off of it and throw it out, then buy something cheap and a little bit broken and replace a few caps on it and use it. I want a power supply to run my car amp for the sub at home. I just might do it. But before I do, I want to get it working, just for the fun of it. Now there is a PWM boost converter for which I can not find datasheet. Marking is 36B6 (042 on the bottom), it is dip6 in SOT23.

I did find this datasheet using these markings, but I don't think it is it. Because pin 5 is NC, and on datasheet that I find pin 5 is VIN.

So I need help finding the actual datasheet.

Here are more pics of the board. As you can see it is already fully capped, I put the best into it, values are same, voltages are a bit higher for lower ESR. Plus I went over every single join, pulled and checked all big diodes and mosfets.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 07:17:53 pm by u666sa »

Offline Dan123456

• Regular Contributor
Re: 36B6 042 boost DC/DC, where to get datasheet?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 08:28:24 pm »
I think I might actually be able to help!

I goggled the numbers you listed and found an eBay listing for what looks to be the same thing from the last picture.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334770096109

That then calls it a “GR8836CG”. Data sheet below :)

https://datasheet.lcsc.com/lcsc/2005142141_Grenergy-GR8836CG_C436823.pdf

Does that look right / help at all?

The following users thanked this post: u666sa

Offline u666saTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 02:40:35 pm »
I goggled the numbers you listed and found an eBay listing

Thank you! Usually when question such as mine arise I tend to find information on Russian forums or sites, info which is not available to English speaking world. Here it worked in reserve. I have no access to eBay, I mean, I can log in to it, but google does not show results from eBay. There is no such device on aliexpress, and other sites I have access to. So you taught me a lesson, eBay, amazon search... These sites would have popped out two years back, but now, no. But, no problem.

Anyway, good thing I removed this converter, because I found a bad cap next to it. Converter turned out to be good. So I moved on to output side on the PSU.

Guess what??  :palm:

I do have microscope yea. But the board have flux (YAXUN something) on top of components. So anyway, cleaning stuff out using tweezers off each component under micoscope I discovered burned 10 ohm resistor on PS_ON. So the entire power supply problem was due to a cheap 10 cent resistor which I did not see, even after microscope inspection!! Another lesson here, clean stuff off components when you inspect!!

I'm jumping up and down right now!

Offline Dan123456

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 09:15:11 am »
I goggled the numbers you listed and found an eBay listing

Thank you! Usually when question such as mine arise I tend to find information on Russian forums or sites, info which is not available to English speaking world. Here it worked in reserve. I have no access to eBay, I mean, I can log in to it, but google does not show results from eBay. There is no such device on aliexpress, and other sites I have access to. So you taught me a lesson, eBay, amazon search... These sites would have popped out two years back, but now, no. But, no problem.

Anyway, good thing I removed this converter, because I found a bad cap next to it. Converter turned out to be good. So I moved on to output side on the PSU.

Guess what??  :palm:

I do have microscope yea. But the board have flux (YAXUN something) on top of components. So anyway, cleaning stuff out using tweezers off each component under micoscope I discovered burned 10 ohm resistor on PS_ON. So the entire power supply problem was due to a cheap 10 cent resistor which I did not see, even after microscope inspection!! Another lesson here, clean stuff off components when you inspect!!

I'm jumping up and down right now!

Na, no stress at all mate :)

I had a sneaking suspicion that eBay may not have been available for you or that Google might return different results for different countries etc. I was recently watching a Defcon talk where they were talking about getting around blocked domains in Russia so kinda knew about this (don’t stress, Australia’s government blocks sites here too such so you are not alone with that problem!) :)

Just glad I could help and glad you got her diagnosed/ fixed up :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf