Author Topic: 50 ohm bnc adapter needed  (Read 12571 times)

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: 50 ohm bnc adapter needed
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 08:28:10 am »
I'm afraid the OP will use the 50 ohm terminator on a common (ie, the one that came with his scope) 1x or 10x probe.  He has mentioned buying Tees and through terminators but not mentioned owning or buying coax.  Also have a look at his other thread.

However I think he's developing his understanding very quickly!

Just so, except that I haven't looked at his other thread and can only hope he is learning.

There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline ez24Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
Re: 50 ohm bnc adapter needed
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 07:49:05 pm »
I'm afraid the OP will use the 50 ohm terminator on a common (ie, the one that came with his scope) 1x or 10x probe.  He has mentioned buying Tees and through terminators but not mentioned owning or buying coax.  Also have a look at his other thread.

Sorry the pictures were made using a coax directly from the Wavetek to the Rigol.  I have bought some cheap and expensive 50 ohm T adapters to test out the signal.  I did try the probes and the signals looked the same, it was easier to use the coax to take pictures.  I should have been more careful with the voltages because of this.  I started with the probe and did not think when I changed to the coax.

thanks everyone

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf