Author Topic: "9F" marking sot23-5 voltage regulator?  (Read 774 times)

Offline flolicTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • http://filiplolic.com/
"9F" marking sot23-5 voltage regulator?
« on: March 17, 2020, 10:25:34 am »
Anyone can identify this voltage regulator? It is sot23-5 device with 9F marking.
Input voltage is 12V, output voltage is 5V. Chip is used in PS4 game consoles to provide 5V to HDMI connector.
Pin 1 should be output enable input, but I am not 100% sure.

Looking for part number or equivalent device with the same pinout.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: "9F" marking sot23-5 voltage regulator?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 11:03:07 am »
Why do you think it's the voltage regulator which is faulty?

I suspect it's fairly generic. Any regulator rated for >12V in and 5V out and can supply over 50mA will probably do. The challenging bit is finding one in the right package.

Offline flolicTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • http://filiplolic.com/
Re: "9F" marking sot23-5 voltage regulator?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 12:34:55 pm »
No, this one in the picture is just fine. Because I replaced the dead one with the salvaged part.
That regulator very often die as a result of lightning, or when someone connect or disconnect HDMI cable while the devices are on.

I've replaced many of those, salvaged from the dead boards. But now I am out of those and would like to find adequate part.
There are many voltage regulators with the right specifications and wrong pinout, that's the reason for original post.
I would like to find a drop in replacement, or hope someone can decipher "9F" marking  :)

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf