Author Topic: 'Dead' pixel remapping for Sony DXC-950  (Read 4802 times)

hony4sony

'Dead' pixel remapping for Sony DXC-950
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:34 pm »
I'm not 'new' to electronics, but since this is my first post I picked here.  I have a Sony DXC-950 camera that has developed several 'dead' pixels.  In the camera's menu, there isn't an automatic function for re-mapping dead or 'hot' pixels.  Does anyone know if there's a software routine or anything that can be run somehow to identify and re-map these dead spots?  I'd assume that since there is a 9-pin serial type connector normally used for RGB out that in some service mode it may be able to be used as an I/O port??  Their documentation of this problem leaves much to be desired and I don't have a service manual for this camera.  I set up a couple of JVC industrial cameras at a community college and one of the first routines the installation manual suggested you run was the dead pixel re-mapper, since this is a common problem with CCD's.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: 'Dead' pixel remapping for Sony DXC-950
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:52:24 am »
you will have to contact the camera manufacturer. if you want help from forums try camera forums, I've found lots of photographers also have electronic/computer skills too and can handle most of their own maitenece

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf