Author Topic: Although I've had fun in EE, I feel I've been disillusioned, and SW appears fun  (Read 576 times)

Offline renzomsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • I post everywhere lol
    • YouTube Channel
tl;dr video. software > electrical?... Although I've had fun in EE, I feel I've been disillusioned, and Software appears more fun... Post here

btw hey :) sometimes we interact :)! :wave: Thanks for everything.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 01:39:10 am by renzoms »

Online Nusa

• Super Contributor
Hardware people need to understand how software is used in their designs and be able to write test code, even if someone else writes the production version.

Software people need to understand the hardware they are writing code for, and know when to point out hardware issues that should be changed.

There's a lot of overlap, and being able to do both is valuable.

Of course, there are many software fields that don't involve much hardware....if that's what you really want, go for it. In most cases, ability is what counts, regardless of your prior education.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, renzoms

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Frankly in the vast majority of cases you can make a lot more money in software. I did some hardware work for a while, always thought it was what I wanted to do but I found out pretty quickly from actually doing it that I enjoy it a lot more when it's a hobby. Software pays my bills.

The following users thanked this post: renzoms

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf