Author Topic: AMP connector from the eighties  (Read 1024 times)

Offline fabiodlTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
AMP connector from the eighties
« on: August 12, 2022, 11:41:33 am »
I am searching for the name of this connector. Pitch is 2 mm. It was used by Nintendo in the eighties. It reports AMP, but the only 2mm pitch connector now available from TE AMP seems the CT series, which does not look like this. Does anyone know how this (probably discontinued) connector was called?

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: AMP connector from the eighties
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 06:08:26 pm »
How is a basically unfiltered list of 500 random connectors helpful?!?

The following users thanked this post: fabiodl

Offline fabiodlTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 08:56:22 am »
Start here...
https://www.te.com/usa-en/plp/amp-connectors/Zn60Y30Dq.html?q=&n=753283&type=products&samples=N&inStoreWithoutPL=false&instock=N

If you filter by pitch, being generous and choosing close values (1.9, 1.91, 2.2) there are exactly 0 connectors for 5 and 6 positions.

I guess it is really a matter of finding out someone who was born and already into electronics in that time period, and happens to have used that connector / saw it in paper catalogues
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:01:38 am by fabiodl »

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 02:04:24 pm »
Nothing random about it. Use the filters to narrow it down. It may or may not be in there bu tis a start. Go to all the main catalog vendors sites and drill down. Or email AMP?

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 05:22:36 pm »
Nothing random about it. Use the filters to narrow it down. It may or may not be in there bu tis a start. Go to all the main catalog vendors sites and drill down. Or email AMP?
How is it NOT random? It’s a mix of all sorts of connectors. It doesn’t help the OP at all.

Was it just intended as “look at the TE website”? Because that’s really all you managed to do, but the OP clearly had already done that.

I’ll be the first to say that TE’s website is an abysmal parody of a real website, to the point of being essentially useless, so the OP’s efforts may have been for nought, but the same basically applies to your link.

Anyhow, my point is this: the OP here clearly does know how to search for connectors, so explaining “try searching the manufacturer and distributor websites” is just insulting them.

The following users thanked this post: fabiodl

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf