Author Topic: Anti-corrosion car module BS or not?  (Read 12402 times)

Offline edyTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
Re: Anti-corrosion car module BS or not?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 02:40:09 pm »
I found this company actually quite close to where I live.... It's still a viable business model, despite many claims proving otherwise, there are suckers willing to buy this stuff up:

http://www.finalcoat.com/

Oh wait... Check out their YouTube video, their SCIENCE explained:

Huh? Anyone wondering what the heck they are doing here? The video at least discusses cathodic protection and submerging in the water and why other systems don't work, yet they are selling the same bull$h!t. Sounds like a classical magic trick "distraction" technique to bring up the skeptic argument in advance to silence them, but yet offers still no better proof.

Should I pay them a visit while I drive by and ask them for their product literature and all information?

Here is one of their patents, by the way, with circuit diagrams:  http://www.google.com/patents/US7198706

The remaining patents are here but I am not sure if we can view all of them:

•     Canadian Patent #2,558,790 - Circuit for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
  •     Canadian Patent #2,474,444 - Method for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
  •     Canadian Patent #2,364,750 - Improved process and apparatus for preventing oxidation of metal
  •     US Patent #7,198,706 - Method for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
  •     US Patent #6,875,336, #6,331,243, #6,046,515 - Process and apparatus for preventing oxidation of metal.
  •     Taiwan Patent #I 359210 - Method for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
  •     China Patent #ZL 200510069527.0 - Method for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
  •     Hong Kong Patent #HK 1084982 - Method for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
  •     Australian Patent - AU #10/846,598 - Method for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
  •     European Patent - EP Patent No. 1598445 - Method for inhibiting corrosion of metal.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 02:55:20 pm by edy »
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Offline Connoiseur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 03:18:44 pm »
This is indeed a scam.
These cheap businessmen try to fool the public by stating that their wizbang gadget contains a "microprocessor"  :-DD(like sliming belts with vibrators in them :wtf:). Pity on them!
When a system violates the laws of science, no microprocessor or intelligent controller can make it work.
In this case there's no closed path for the current or even sacrificial anodes. The best this gadget can do (if at all it powered up) is protect a part of the chassis and cause severe rusting in some other.

Offline MrWizerd

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 09:46:59 am »
Wow, I suppose that since I live in a warm area away from the beach our car salesperson don't have this to try and sell us.... Cars don't rust that often here... No salt water, no salt to de-ice roads.  Watching that nitro makes me laugh, electro magnetically remove the microscopic zinc oxide scale and that somehow reactivated the zinc that was scratched off of the steel? That was the claim right?

I may not be a licensed or degree holding chemist, electrician, or electronic engineer.... Let alone a PhD in anything but something smells, and it may be coming from the PhD at there research center.... Drop by see if they let you meet this PhD, then see if his degree comes from collecting box tops, or KoolAid points because I guarantee that he phoned in for that one, or maybe his PhD comes from old men who fly to Oz in hot air balloons, who also somehow beat the blue dress wearing song bird by long enough to become a legend in Oz, even though he left at the same time on the same storm... What they obviously don't need is voyage because they must have a couple of big brass ones to sell anything mentioned in that video as scientific fact.

I like that it's "licenced from regulatory agencies" I don't know about the others but the American FCC only insures it doesn't interfere with licenced rf equipment and doesn't zap people MAYBE it does not check to see if it does what it claims.  Man there is so many things wrong with that video from the supposed years it passes to the science they did not explain..... I think the post with the ground unicorn horn had it on the nose.

The voice actor states the "module generates a pulse of surface current", then the diagram says it is "electromagnetic surface current."  So the module generates an electromagnetic pulse current along the surface of the metal to remove the zinc oxide scale to make the missing zinc do its job again.  I literally have a  ton of horse manure piled in my back yard that I will eat if anyone can prove that claim makes a shred of scientific sense.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Little beats big when little is smart, first with the head then with the heart ~P.K. Power of One

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 11:02:34 am »
I was at my car dealer and they offered a rust protection package that included the "corrosion module" you see in the attached image. Anyone know if this actually works, partially works, works in theory only, or is complete BS? I thought the car chassis is a common to the negative on the battery. How is this thing supposed to work if it is hooked up to your battery as well?

Remember the old adage, "follow the money". If this works then expect to see statements warranty either denying responsibility (e.g. reduced warranty period) if it isn't fitted, or reducing the price of a warranty if it is fitted.

Alternatively, if it is cheap then you might regard it as a means denying them an opportunity to quibble about responsibility. (I did that with a £35 "magnetic" addition to a £3500 central heating installation where I expect to be in the house for several decades)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Redcat

• Regular Contributor
  • Ask why not, not why.
    • redcatimaging
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 07:02:59 pm »
What works at the ship, does in reality not work in the car. Totally different environment.
I had no idea that something like this exists.  :o . It's like the thing (which is actually a simple LED) you plug into the cigarette lighter to save gas...
Give your car a good underbody paint, wash it even in winter and care about the carpet and your car will live longer with less rust...without this BS device  ;).
Voltcraft 630-2,Tek 2215A,Tek 475,really handy DIY microcontroller component tester (R/C/D/Q...), ZD-915, ZD-931,Voltcraft 1062D - of course hacked :)

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 07:34:58 pm »
True, but I'm not sure about the "wash it even in winter" tip. A good layer of filth can protect against road salt.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf