Author Topic: Any help? Raspberry Pi prod counter w/ reflective sensors - output concerns  (Read 1524 times)

Offline xvr

• Regular Contributor
    • LinkedIn
PLC is a much more robust than RPi. It intended to be used in Industrial environment, RPi is not .

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
With a PLC it's simple to have the PLC record 2 count values and store it in the PLC however to read these values you need to use the software that you use to program the PLC to read them or you have to use an HMI software or a hardware HMI which is more costly and and involved. However, I think you have all the parts and tools needed to use the PLC for counting I think it's a good idea to just do that first and see if the count values help you then develop something else.

Offline MaxBishopTopic starter

• Contributor
I'm going to stick with the RPi for now. The PLC's are pricey and I'm not ready to take on a new language. Thank you for the input, though.

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
And I under the impression that you have all the PLC parts needed. You have Sick and Banner sensors. You have Allen Bradley power supply. So I guess you have an Allen Bradley PLC laying around some where.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf