Author Topic: ASUS A2500D Laptop, how to access the CMOS battery??  (Read 668 times)

Offline CaptDonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
ASUS A2500D Laptop, how to access the CMOS battery??
« on: April 19, 2024, 02:52:51 am »
I can't find any useful information on the internet. The unit works but I have to hit F2 to accept the default CMOS settings, F10 to save and exit and it boots fine. I'd like to replace the CMOS battery but can't locate it. I found the RAM modules under the keyboard and the hard drive is an easy swap. Thanks for any links or info!!
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: ASUS A2500D Laptop, how to access the CMOS battery??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 07:37:24 pm »
should like this motherboard photo

cpu side   

i just searched on Ebay ... 2500D 2500L   motheboard ...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 07:39:51 pm by coromonadalix »

The following users thanked this post: CaptDon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 10:09:04 pm »
It's close enough to help me. The hard drive and ram access were simple but the CMOS battery looks like a P.I.T.A., oh well, got to do what you got to do. The only reason I'm messing with something this old is that it has an actual German keyboard and my wife brought it here from Germany around 2007. Thanks!! I'll tear it apart on Sunday.
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 12:56:18 am »
sad you have to rip it apart,  i think the "under the keyboard" mentality was not there at the time ???

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 02:03:54 am »
After half an hour of removing screws only to find the motherboard remained attached to the base plate and the CMOS battery was still unreachable I put it all back together, took it out to the garage and used a Dremel with a router bit to cut a door in the bottom cover!! New battery installed!! Used a very thin piece of P.C.B. to make a cover held with two tiny self tapping screws. Almost looks like it came from the factory that way!!

The following users thanked this post: BILLPOD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf