Author Topic: Asus PRIME B450M-A II AMD AM4 build doesn't work with 4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX  (Read 797 times)

Offline Lizzie_Jo_Computers_11Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
My motherboard is an Asus PRIME B450M-A II AMD AM4.
The RAM is two 2x8GB 3600MHz CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 kits.

The computer turns on normally if I only have two of the RAM sticks inserted, and it doesn't matter which two. I was able to get it running with two of them, take them out, and replace them with the other two, and it boots up successfully again. It only seems to be when all four are inserted that there is a problem.

I can hear and see that the computer has "turned on" when this happens, but there is no display.

I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong, or if there's some reason that these parts are just not compatible in that capacity.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 04:30:12 am by Lizzie_Jo_Computers_11 »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Interesting the 4x8 isn't on the supported vendors list but 2x8 and 2x16 is so  :-// if your MB has the latest BIOS and is no go then likely it is a bust?

There are versions of 4x8 Corsair LPX running at 2800 on there as approved.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B450M-A/Memory_QVL_for_AMD_Ryzen_5000_G-Series_4DIMM_20210625.pdf
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 04:04:34 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Lizzie_Jo_Computers_11Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
I just wanted to make a small correction/clarification to my original post.

They are four sticks in total, each an 8GB stick.

To be exact, I have two of these kits: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07RM39V5F?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I'm not sure if that makes any difference, but I wanted to be precise.

The motherboard is supposed to be able to support 64GB of RAM and DDR4, from what I understand which, which should be enough for this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 04:29:42 am by Lizzie_Jo_Computers_11 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf