Author Topic: Audio test equipment from Russia?  (Read 462 times)

Offline scarlsun

Audio test equipment from Russia?
« on: March 11, 2021, 09:47:03 pm »
I am moving up from mechanical fixes, desoldering, and recapping old HiFi equipment ( B&O Can't help it /I'm Danish) and found this on Craigslist. Anybody ever heard of it? It may be Russian? Hungarian? Thanks:

"Integrated audio test system including generator, distortion measurement, frequency, and volt/impedance meters in one handy block. AC 50/60Hz 220/120V power.

Model: TR-0157 / K008

Incl Modules:
1) TR-5551/F002: Frequency Meter
2) TR-9650/Q037: Dist. Meter.
3) TR-0160/A002: Audio Generator, 10 Hz-30 kHz.
4) TR-1455/V003: V-Ohm Meter, 1mV-300 V. "

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
Re: Audio test equipment from Russia?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 02:23:04 am »
Model: TR-0157 / K008

Made it Hungarian. About 1986 year.

You can find discussion about it on russian site:
https://radiokot.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161769

Here is schematic album downloaded from the link above.

Offline wizard69

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 02:30:16 am »
It is very hard to find info on this unit, and it doesn't look like they cater to the English speaking world.   Personally If they don't have a English translated manual I wouldn't bother.

As for the instrument itself I have no idea about the quality.   The analog meter is a bit of a throw back but again is it is a quality movement such meters can be as good as a digital for some uses.

I'd probably avoid it simply due to the lack of local support.   At leat I don't know of a qualified importer.

Offline scarlsun

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 09:57:44 pm »
Thanks. There is a manual in English and the components are German and USA origin.  But I think I probably need something like a Tek 2246 or 2252 or TAS 465 and an audio generator and a power supply?  I just want to repair and restore a bunch of 70s-80's B&O stereo equipment. With a lot of OJT!

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX certified product design
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 11:17:11 pm »
It is very hard to find info on this unit, and it doesn't look like they cater to the English speaking world.   Personally If they don't have a English translated manual I wouldn't bother.

As for the instrument itself I have no idea about the quality.   The analog meter is a bit of a throw back but again is it is a quality movement such meters can be as good as a digital for some uses.

I'd probably avoid it simply due to the lack of local support.   At leat I don't know of a qualified importer.
Why would they? This was made on the other side of the iron curtain, there were no English speaking countries there.

OP: Let me know if you want anything in particular translated.
Former username: NANDBlog

Online CaptDon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 02:11:26 pm »
You may have better luck with the HP 19" rack mounted low distortion audio oscillator and the mating distortion analyzer. I have owned both in the past and found them useful. When you get super serious like I was as a broadcast engineer about audio quality you look for the Potomac Instruments AA audio analyzer and the mate AG audio generator and expect to pay up to $1000 USD each in good condition. In all reality a good low distortion generator and 2 channel scope is about all an audio bench really needs along with an isolation transformer and a variac. Being Danish you would have access to Bruell and Kjaer but you would need a second house mortgage to afford their test equipment!!! It is good stuff, but built weird and hard to service!!
Senior Master Captain 140 passenger boat.
Private Pilot S.E.L. / CDL Class A / Motorcoach
Locomotive Electronics Engineer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf